A couple of trade ideas

NJOriolesFan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im very confused. If anyone was to take SS, it would be Manny.

I think Manny is so over the top as a third baseman I would leave him tere. Schoop has the defensive ability and arm to play short, move him there, put Hardy at 2nd which is slightly less demanding and preserve him for a few years.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I think Manny is so over the top as a third baseman I would leave him tere. Schoop has the defensive ability and arm to play short, move him there, put Hardy at 2nd which is slightly less demanding and preserve him for a few years.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

In that situation Manny would go to SS. Would be silly to do it the other way.

Y

Trade J.J. Hardy and a mid-level prospect (or Wilson or Wright or Alvarez) to San Diego for Andrew Cashner. Padres need a shortstop.

Trade Ubaldo Jimenez, Brian Matusz and a prospect to Minnesota for Trevor Plouffe and Oswaldo Arcia. Sano plays 3rd for Twins. For some reason Twins don't want to use Arcia.

We would save $10 million this year. We could then sign Kazmir or Gallardo. And we could also do Upton or Davis, if he comes to his senses.

Rotation: Gallardo/Kazmir, Tillman, Gausman, Cashner, Gonzalez

Bullpen: Britton, O'Day, Brach, Bundy, Worley, Givens, one more reliever

Catchers: Wieters, Joseph

1st Base: Trumbo

2nd Base: Schoop

3rd Base: Plouffe

shortstop: Machado

infield: Ryan Flaherty

outfield: Arcia, Jones, Upton/Davis, Parades, Reimold/Lake/Rickens??/Hoes

Thoughts?

Sounds like they have the money to do Davis/Upton, a pitcher, and another OF.

I'd like to see Upton, Kazmir, and Alvarez for DH. We can go with the rule 5 guy at the other OF position.

Plus if you dump Ulbaldo you need two starters!

You can't realistically trade Hardy.

It isn't going to happen.

Hardy is not only a 10/5 player with full no trade protection the vesting option on his contract will vest if he is traded.

He would have to have a heck of a bounceback season for anyone to take him next offseason.

Weams wins this one with the Hardy explanation. Plus Ubaldo at 2/26 is very good value. Plus Ubaldo was our best pitcher last year. Plus we already lost a pick for Ubaldo in 2014. Why then would we create another hole, just to lose more picks to sign Gallardo, and even worse, Kazmir.

I feel your pain fellow O's fans. Honestly the best solution to our problems would be to just sign Davis(that was easy), sign venable(LH platoon, cheap bat), and then see whatever SP will take our lowball offer.

What's frustrating is that we just saw a flurry of trades for players that we could have used. But it's hard to get involved in trades when our only trade chips are Britton, Flaherty, selling low on Bundy, or selling more of what little is left of our prospects. I'm just afraid that we'll do something stupid like trade Walker and Hess/Cisco/Reyes for Jay Bruce.

Weams wins this one with the Hardy explanation. Plus Ubaldo at 2/26 is very good value. Plus Ubaldo was our best pitcher last year. Plus we already lost a pick for Ubaldo in 2014. Why then would we create another hole, just to lose more picks to sign Gallardo, and even worse, Kazmir.

I feel your pain fellow O's fans. Honestly the best solution to our problems would be to just sign Davis(that was easy), sign venable(LH platoon, cheap bat), and then see whatever SP will take our lowball offer.

What's frustrating is that we just saw a flurry of trades for players that we could have used. But it's hard to get involved in trades when our only trade chips are Britton, Flaherty, selling low on Bundy, or selling more of what little is left of our prospects. I'm just afraid that we'll do something stupid like trade Walker and Hess/Cisco/Reyes for Jay Bruce.

Kazmir does not cost a pick.

Archived