Trade Target: Chris Coghlan

CaptainRedbeard

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on what type of pitcher they can get for him. I get the feeling that Theo is just fine with things right now. However, if he can land a real stud like Carassco then he'll make a move.

Don't you think you are reaching just a little bit there? I mean maybe 2 top prospects plus Soler, but Soler straight-up for Carassco? This reminds me of the "prospect" you mentioned last month as a possible trade for Britton - then the guy was DFA the very next day. I don't recall the guy's name, but I'm sure you do. I think you have a tendency to overrate Cubs players and prospects. That is natural, as a fan, but you seem to take it a step beyond the norm sometimes.

Don't you think you are reaching just a little bit there? I mean maybe 2 top prospects plus Soler, but Soler straight-up for Carassco? This reminds me of the "prospect" you mentioned last month as a possible trade for Britton - then the guy was DFA the very next day. I don't recall the guy's name, but I'm sure you do. I think you have a tendency to overrate Cubs players and prospects. That is natural, as a fan, but you seem to take it a step beyond the norm sometimes.

I never said anything about Soler straight up. Carassco in all liklihood takes something along the lines of Soler+Hendricks+Gleyber. Also, you're going to have to point me to where I've talked about trading anything for Britton as I've been against that every time it has been mentioned.

I never said anything about Soler straight up. Carassco in all liklihood takes something along the lines of Soler+Hendricks+Gleyber. Also, you're going to have to point me to where I've talked about trading anything for Britton as I've been against that every time it has been mentioned.

Yes, you have downplayed Britton a lot, but you said maybe for a guy like Blank - then the guy was DFA the next day. Are you saying you don't know what I am talking about?

Name meant nothing to me and frankly didn't matter to me, since it was obviously someone the Orioles would consider trading Britton for. Pretty sure it was a pitcher that struggled in the minors last year, but you were saying as how he was still a highly thought-of pitcher. I then noticed the very next day he was DFA to make room on the 40-man roster. I am not familiar with so-so prospects in the Cubs organization, so I really can't tell you the name. I'm surprised you don't remember, though. I don't know what ended up happening with the guy, whether he was traded or ended up be outrighted.

Name meant nothing to me and frankly didn't matter to me, since it was obviously someone the Orioles would consider trading Britton for. Pretty sure it was a pitcher that struggled in the minors last year, but you were saying as how he was still a highly thought-of pitcher. I then noticed the very next day he was DFA to make room on the 40-man roster. I am not familiar with so-so prospects in the Cubs organization, so I really can't tell you the name. I'm surprised you don't remember, though. I don't know what ended up happening with the guy, whether he was traded or ended up be outrighted.

Typo* would not

Are you talking about Corey Black? I never talked about him involving anything with Britton. I talked about him in the guys available in the rule 5 draft thread and said I was surprised Corey was going to be available. Otherwise, there are no guys in the organization that match what you're talking about

Are you talking about Corey Black? I never talked about him involving anything with Britton. I talked about him in the guys available in the rule 5 draft thread and said I was surprised Corey was going to be available. Otherwise, there are no guys in the organization that match what you're talking about

I am quite certain that you were speaking about a Britton trade -- and, as I said, it was a guy that was on the 40-man at the time of your post, so it had zero to do with availability in the Rule 5 Draft. He was DFA the next day. Whether it was Corey Balck or not, I just don't know.

I am quite certain that you were speaking about a Britton trade -- and, as I said, it was a guy that was on the 40-man at the time of your post, so it had zero to do with availability in the Rule 5 Draft. He was DFA the next day. Whether it was Corey Balck or not, I just don't know.

The problem is that there is no one who has been dfa'd off the 40 man roster other than Leathersitch and Ryan Cook both who were added to the Cubs via waivers about a week before they were released. This player you're talking about does not exist.

The problem is that there is no one who has been dfa'd off the 40 man roster other than Leathersitch and Ryan Cook both who were added to the Cubs via waivers about a week before they were released. This player you're talking about does not exist.

You are obviously saying that you don't remember. So be it. I'm surprised, but I'm moving on.

You are obviously saying that you don't remember. So be it. I'm surprised, but I'm moving on.

No, I'm saying it never happened. I've been quite complimentary of Britton. The only thing I've said about trading for him is that he makes no sense for a Cub team who had to address 2 SP,CF, etc on what was supposed to be a 30M winter budget. Go check Stotle's Does This Trade Make sense where he suggests a CHC/BOS/BAL three way.

No, I'm saying it never happened. I've been quite complimentary of Britton. The only thing I've said about trading for him is that he makes no sense for a Cub team who had to address 2 SP,CF, etc on what was supposed to be a 30M winter budget. Go check Stotle's Does This Trade Make sense where he suggests a CHC/BOS/BAL three way.

Yeah, right.

In this thread we've had someone suggest trading Adam Jones for Soler, and someone suggest trading Brad Brach for Soler. What a time to be alive!

If you?re referring to my post, and I assume you are, I never suggested ? and still don?t suggest ? trading Jones for Soler. I suggest ? and still do ? they trade Jones for Soler AND A TOP PROSPECT. I figured I?d get ridiculed for saying that, but I can see a 30 year old Cfer like Jones go downhill fast, and I don?t see the O?s going to Disneyland with or without Jones next year.

Btw, it took me 3 times to get this post through. The website is not working well tonight.

Archived