Cabrera needs to be sent down

paulcoates

A stint in the minors isn't very likely to fix anything.

Besides wasn't that tried already?

It certainly was. they didnt leave him down there long enough. I hate to say it because I absolutely don't know the guy, but the fact that these things continue to happen tell me that he is simply not changing his habits. Like I said, I hate to say it, but does he actually care enough to change? Same motion, same falling off the hill.

Has the losing gotten to him to the point where he just doesn't care?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Between the control issues and the flat out mental mistake of not turning around to watch Beltre TAKE home plate on him, something has to be done.

You know, maybe it's because I only have half my attention on the TV, but it looked to me that Beltre had home easily, because he broke for home when Millar threw to second. Cabrera had nothing to do with it.

At least that's what it looked like to me on the replay.

(And Luis Hernandez didn't look home either. Burn her!)

Can someone please walk me through the mental mistake situation? I'm at work, thanks in advance.

Sexson on first. Beltre on second. Groundball to Millar. Goes to second for the force and Cabrera covers first for the double play. Vidro beats it out and Cabrera just stares at the ump while Beltre sprints home to tie the game.

Sexson on first. Beltre on second. Groundball to Millar. Goes to second for the force and Cabrera covers first for the double play. Video beats it out and Cabrera just stares at the ump while Beltre sprints home to tie the game.

So he broke for home after the play? That doesn't make any sense.

You know, maybe it's because I only have half my attention on the TV, but it looked to me that Beltre had home easily, because he broke for home when Millar threw to second. Cabrera had nothing to do with it.

Judging from Palmer's reaction, Beltre would not have taken home of Cabrera was paying attention.

Can someone please walk me through the mental mistake situation? I'm at work, thanks in advance.

Wow...you don't have to be at home on your couch to understand what a mental mistake is. Mental mistakes occur when a player who should otherwise know better commits an error due to a lapse in judgment and/or lack of attention. In other words, all non-physical mistakes. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Wait...is that what you meant?

They didnt show a split screen post play but judging from Palmer's reaction I would venture a guess and say that Beltre broke for home as Cabrera was either just catching it or right afterwards

Your suspicions are correct. It's because you weren't paying attention. I just watched a replay. Cabrera's suffering from the worst case of cranial-rectal inversion I've ever witnessed. Medic!!!

Judging from Palmer's reaction, Beltre would not have taken home of Cabrera was paying attention.

Ok. Like I said, I wasn't paying full attention.

Just seems to me that on a double-play grounder, any runner on third would have broke for home either on the throw to second (especially a long one like from first base) or the return throw.

Wow...you don't have to be at home on your couch to understand what a mental mistake is. Mental mistakes occur when a player who should otherwise know better commits an error due to a lapse in judgment and/or lack of attention. In other words, all non-physical mistakes. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Wait...is that what you meant?

I think he meant to break down what happened on the play. :P

He took a big turn as most runners do in that situation in case of a dropped ball or something. He doesn't score though, if Cabrera turns and looks immediately.

Sexson on first. Beltre on second. Groundball to Millar. Goes to second for the force and Cabrera covers first for the double play. Vidro beats it out and Cabrera just stares at the ump while Beltre sprints home to tie the game.

Ugh. Thanks for writing it out for me though. I could completely picture it, and sadly it's not surprising at all. That play sums up Daniel's glaring downside pretty nicely. Just not in the game.

Archived