Cabrera needs to be sent down

paulcoates

Wow...you don't have to be at home on your couch to understand what a mental mistake is. Mental mistakes occur when a player who should otherwise know better commits an error due to a lapse in judgment and/or lack of attention. In other words, all non-physical mistakes. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Wait...is that what you meant?

Scott's posts and grated cheese: both are money in the bank.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As "bad" as Cabrera has been today...he got through 6 innings with the score tied...

So, what you are saying is, that we should wait until the starting pitcher's day is done before we start a thread either condemning or praising him?

Is that what you are saying?

Cabrera has an 8.18 ERA after two games

His line today

6 IP, 4 ER, 5 H, 5K, 4BB (1 intentional) and 2 HR.

That is not great, but an improvement over his first start. Especially the walks and the hits. The two solos hurt, but that happens. Hopefully that is not a trend that continues.

But that is all that worries me about this start, its not as if he was getting beaten around the ballpark.

Yeah that's what I think too James...I'm just hoping he improves a little better every start. I don't think at all that he pitched bad enough to make them want to sent him down or take him out of the rotation. Maybe if he gave up like 7-10 earned runs and got absolutely rocked, but he wasn't THAT...bad.

Outside of the two early HR's, Cabrera actually pitched a decent game. The mental era is regrettable because it cost him a run. But in his defense, Hernandez's throw to first wasn't that strong. Hernandez got taken out on the play at second and Palmer said something about interference on the slide into second.

Archived