Manny Misses Fan Fest (Buck Not Happy).

Going Underground

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get wanting a top prospect to come back but implying he isn't a good basketball player is absurd and disrespectful. Do you know how hard it is to make an NBA roster? I have heard this a few times on here now and each time I do, I shake my head. Ignorant comment IMO. Let the guy live his life and if he chooses to come back, fine. This is not the way to motivate someone IMO.
They both seemed to be quite complimentary of his baseball skills. They never said he was a bat basketball player. Just a benchwarmer. Yeah. That was the word.

Crazy, I called Manny on the original thread about him missing fanfest and got absolutely beat up by most posters.

Feel strongly that he should have attended but he used the birth as an excuse. Looks like I have Buck on my side.

Not by me.

I don't mean to impose my beliefs or lifestyle on others, but I must say that having my brother or sister or either of my wife's brothers present for the birth of any of our children never crossed our mind. I'm really not familiar with any of my friends doing so, either. Sorry, but I just don't think that is the norm. I have no idea on Manny's family dynamic, and it is none of my business, but I can understand the possibility of someone suspecting that it is more of an excuse not to travel to Baltimore in the winter time than a real need to be present at the birth. Perhaps that is what has Buck a little miffed.

Crazy, I called Manny on the original thread about him missing fanfest and got absolutely beat up by most posters.

Feel strongly that he should have attended but he used the birth as an excuse. Looks like I have Buck on my side.

It was Amber Hatman's child. I think Yonder was the daddy.

Unless there were some kind of extenuating circumstances regarding the birth, I'd call that a pretty weak excuse.

It is his brother-in-law's ( brother of his wife) child. I mean I don't know what I would do in the situation but I certainly don't take issue with him wanting to be with family.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

That doesn't pass the test for me. If you had a business trip, would you cancel it because you had a niece or nephew being born. I wouldn't.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but I've never heard that one as an excuse for missing work. This is really part of Manny's job.

What if it was business trip that you would rather avoid?

Archived