Which starting 9 would you prefer?

El Gordo

Which starting 9 would you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which starting 9 would you prefer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think that Upton + Alvarez = Davis in terms of 2016 cost?

I would think Davis and Upton would be pretty similar. So can I get Davis and Alvarez.

But then how do you get Davis, Alvarez, and Trumbo all in the lineup at the same time? You'd end up with either Trumbo or Davis being a full-time outfielder, which isn't good for a team built on defense.

Reimold or some other in house solution. If we sign Davis,, no Alvarez and no big RF bat. Also no Mid rotation type like Kazmir, Leake, Gallardo, or Chen with either choice. If you want one of these SP then forget both Davis or Upton and probably Alvarez.

I think upton + Alvarez will cost a bit more than Davis + low cost guy. Honestly scenario A likely has more money left over for SP than does B. Not getting hung up on the money or SP impact, I would probably say B, but I do love Davis. It's a tough question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But then how do you get Davis, Alvarez, and Trumbo all in the lineup at the same time? You'd end up with either Trumbo or Davis being a full-time outfielder, which isn't good for a team built on defense.

Yea. I could see any situation with 2 of the 3, but all three is a bit aggressive.

Out of curiosity, how does trumbo compare with young in the field?

Do you think that Upton + Alvarez = Davis in terms of 2016 cost?

I would think Davis and Upton would be pretty similar. So can I get Davis and Alvarez.

Upton is not getting 7/154M. I don't see his market any more than I see Davis' Name the teams hot after Upton. And there aren't that many teams looking for COF types at all. And there are three of them.

Upton is not getting 7/154M. I don't see his market any more than I see Davis' Name the teams hot after Upton. And there aren't that many teams looking for COF types at all. And there are three of them.

When factoring in Alvarez, why would the length of either Upton's deal or Davis' deal matter? Do you think it'll take more than 1 year for Alvarez to sign? If so, I wouldn't be interested.

I wouldn't be troubled by running Davis out there in RF. Is his defense that much worse than Reimold's at this point? If Hoes can't get on at a 30% clip, I'd rather have Alvarez' bat and Davis' inferior defense.

When factoring in Alvarez, why would the length of either Upton's deal or Davis' deal matter? Do you think it'll take more than 1 year for Alvarez to sign? If so, I wouldn't be interested.

There are a number of teams interested in Alvarez, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got 2 years. Plus if we land Davis we have to trade Trumbo to make room for Alvarez. That makes little sense since Trumbo has ok splits v RHP and can play 1B/COF as well as DH, while Avaraz has no position and can't hit LHP.

Archived