Dear Santa (post your wish list here)

mdbdotcom

o

The Wizards to change their name back to "The Bullets."

Thank you! Awful, awful decision, as was leaving B'more in the first place.

At least they should've named themselves the Washington Press (per my brother!)

I believe that the "Baltimore Bullets" was one of the all-time great names for a professional sports team.

I also believe that the "Tidewater Tides" was one of the all-time great names for a AAA baseball team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a symbol of white supremacy and a battle flag that has been flown only in combat against the United States of America. It is as offensive as a Nazi swastika. It makes me ill.

Don't forget flown in defiance of the Civil Rights Movement. Totally not racist though.

I'll lighten up when you change your avatar to something that doesn't offend me and tens of millions of other people.

I think there are people who identify that symbol with a way of life without thinking it inherently racist. Slavery was part of the culture of the south. Of course, compartmentalizations that allow people to justify behavior annoying to most of society is a Constitutional right.

Groups of people often use symbols as identification to a way of life they hold dear. Look at all the flags from other countries people continue to fly even though they live in the United States.

Flying the Southern Cross to me is idiotic. It's like saying,"Hey, my team was a loser on an epic scale and they'll never get another chance, but they're my losers!"

I'll lighten up when you change your avatar to something that doesn't offend me and tens of millions of other people.

You do realize that the US flag flew over slavery WAY longer than any other flag don't you? Does the US flag offend you as well? Seriously, stop being butthurt over a Dukes of Hazard/Star Wars mashup and get a life man. No one in the South supports slavery got it?

You do realize that the US flag flew over slavery WAY longer than any other flag don't you? Does the US flag offend you as well? Seriously, stop being butthurt over a Dukes of Hazard/Star Wars mashup and get a life man. No one in the South supports slavery got it?

I'm not going to discuss this with you. I've expressed my thoughts on the subject here and to the mods. My part in this conversation is over.

Archived