Dan's Lap

Ven6

Yes but it's hard to be that team if you can't stop the other team from scoring. That starts with good pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice cliche that doesn't mean much. Score more than the other team. Doesn't matter how.

Playoffs are a crapshoot. 96 wins gives you a great opportunity to win the WS.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But, but, but...if Gordon's price comes down, Dan can be a player for him. If Cespedes is getting 5/90, Dan should be in on that. If Upton's prices comes down as you suggest, again, good, yes and we'll take one please.
The price has to be low enough that Dan can go to PA and convince him to spend it. I doubt they come down that far. I mean who ever heard of a ballplayer paying a team to let him play for them.

"Really, there's no legitimate stopper," said one National League scout who followed the Orioles this season. "There's no legitimate No. 1 or 2; more 3s, 4s and 5s. Every night they have to go out there and battle when they're facing the opponent's No. 1s and 2s when you're throwing 3s, 4s and 5s."

Baltimore Sun Article.

When did we have a 15 game losing streak?

I think 13 out of 14 in August is close enough to prove the point. And that was after Bud was long gone. Chen is the best pitcher out there now and even if we resign him (which we won't) the rotation is still a mess.

Every season we try to compensate for our lack of pitching with more and more bats. It has yet to work.

Can you actually explain your point? Or do you not have one? Outside of Cruz, the team hasn't really added an external bat. Sure they got lucky on Paredes and Pearce for a little while, but they were added on waivers. But this team has gone out and added Chen and Jimenez.

I agree. Any of the pitchers that could have represented an upgrade over Chen are now gone. We were .500 last year in large part due to the pitching and I don't see us doing better than that with anyone currently available, including Chen.

Will your statement is true. You are not taking into consideration that Norris was a major bust in 2015, Tillman took a half a year to right himself, and Gonzales was injured twice. I think or, I hope Gausman is ready to pitch every 5 days, and that one of the young arms is poised to contribute in the back-end of the Starting Rotation, which won't be needed regularly until May.

Tillman

Jimenez

Gonzales

Gausman

Wilson *

* I like Wilson's mental makeup and mechanics. He may not have the pure physical talent as a few other starters, but I could see him being a 5-6 inning guy and the 5th starter. I still see a trade coming in Spring Training. Probably nothing too big, but we have too many RH bats, and similar #4 outfielders or AAAA players. Grouping a few of them, for a prospect looks likely.

I still virtually expect CD to return, and at this rate, it wouldn't shock me if another big hitter fell into our laps again. If we somehow got CD (at far less than $150M, obv) AND Cespedes/JUpton, that would me a massive win and a testament to Dan's patience.

Our starting pitching was responsible for 70% of our losses and only had a quality start 48% of the time.

That stat means nothing and is intended only to be deceiving. Starting pitchers almost always receive the bulk of losses (and wins) for a team. The 2014 Giants, who won the World Series, had 81% of their losses charged to their starting pitchers.

Archived