Latest Update...

I noticed that both you and Callis are dropping Martinez down towards 50.

What are the chances we go Matusz in round one and Martinez or maybe Galloway at 50?

Matusz is a strong candidate at #4, so a bat would then seem likely at pick #2 (50).

Martinez is difficult to gauge at this time, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him fall to us at 50, nor Galloway.

Matusz is a strong candidate at #4, so a bat would then seem likely at pick #2 (50).

Martinez is difficult to gauge at this time, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him fall to us at 50, nor Galloway.

Greg,

Does it concern you that Matusz isn't projected as an ace, like David Price was last year? I can understand the O's drafting Crow if he's available, but I'm kinda torn on Matusz.

I mean, it's not like I'll drown in my own tears if they do draft him. Haha. I'd just be a bit confused if players like Alvarez, Beckham, and Smoak are still on the board. Especially considering the lack of positional talent that we have in the system right now.

Thanks for keeping us informed. :)

Greg,

Does it concern you that Matusz isn't projected as an ace, like David Price was last year? I can understand the O's drafting Crow if he's available, but I'm kinda torn on Matusz.

I mean, it's not like I'll drown in my own tears if they do draft him. Haha. I'd just be a bit confused if players like Alvarez, Beckham, and Smoak are still on the board. Especially considering the lack of positional talent that we have in the system right now.

Thanks for keeping us informed. :)

Matusz may yet be an ace. The traditional prototype #1 pitcher, the Roger Clemens, Josh Beckett & Johan Santana's threw/throw harder than Matusz, but there have been numerous aces that never touched 96 in their life. Matusz throws plenty hard at 93'ish, and could be special...at worst a good #2... I'll take that any draft.

I would nuts if we could land one of Harold Martinez, Isaac Galloway, or Jake Thompson in round 2. If any of them fell i would be an extremely happy camper. All three are first round talent.

We know that guys who are projected to go first round are going to drop for numerous reasons (bad performance, signability, injuries) so we need to trust that JJ will make a great pick. Would be nice to find a couple more gems like Arrieta.

Archived