Who do you want?

ChuckS

Pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Chris Davis at 6/125, no deferred money
    • Yoenis Cespedes at 5/100, keep the pick
    • Justin Upton at 6/110, lose the pick

I feel this is an appropriate poll since we are down to three impact bats. Of the big three left, who do you want? If you want none of them then pick who you would not want the least. I'm projecting the years and AAV to the best of my ability based on what the market has dictated, QO's, etc.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good poll. The options are all pretty close IMO, and all are better than the Davis deal that supposedly is "off the table." I went with Upton because he's younger than the other two and I think the difference in value is worth the pick.

Good poll. The options are all pretty close IMO, and all are better than the Davis deal that supposedly is "off the table." I went with Upton because he's younger than the other two and I think the difference in value is worth the pick.
I did the same. I think he has a good chance of being worth his contract and think 6 years is still too many for CD.

I vote Cespedes. Shortest commitment and keep our picks. We already have Trumbo at 1B but we need an OF who can play good D.

I would also be OK with rolling with Alvarez or Morneau and waiting til next year.

I wouldn't be. But to quote Seinfeld "it's a Cespedes for the rest of us!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with Upton. The cost of the pick is IMO not more important than picking the impact player who will have the bigger impact on our team over the next five or six years. I feel that is Upton. My second choice would be Cespedes and third Davis. I think we would hate any long term deal with Davis by year four where as with the other two are likely to provide some value to us through the length of the contract. I prefer all three to doing nothing significant.

I vote Cespedes. Shortest commitment and keep our picks. We already have Trumbo at 1B but we need an OF who can play good D.

I would also be OK with rolling with Alvarez or Morneau and waiting til next year.

Exactly who would we sign next year?

Yeah, that is a tough call. I think a strong argument can be made for Davis. He costs no pick, and has by far the highest offensive ceiling. We're in a position where we have to take some risks, such as Davis having more seasons like 2015 and 2013.

That said, I voted for Upton.

Upton would look really great in RF and at 6/110 the deal is long enough and cheap enough to warrant losing the pick.

If Upton's price gets closer to the 7/147 that's been projected then I would probably go with Cespedes and keep the pick.

I agree that this is a well-constructed poll.

Upton would look really great in RF and at 6/110 the deal is long enough and cheap enough to warrant losing the pick.

If Upton's price gets closer to the 7/147 that's been projected then I would probably go with Cespedes and keep the pick.

I agree that this is a well-constructed poll.

I'd offer Upton 7/128

Archived