Orioles Claim Joey Terdoslavich (DFA for Davis Passed through Waivers)

Rene88

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have an open spot on the 40, though, right? Why does it matter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm certain that they will try to get someone off the 40. Maybe even through a trade. Joey has options and is under control through 2020.

Yep, dumb and unnecessary move. Check out Roch's tweet, he agrees.

Roch's a fine journalist. Roch has his opinions. Roch isn't infallible. I don't see that pushing Berry off the 40 man matters at all. It would've had to have happened at some point this offseason.

Roch's a fine journalist. Roch has his opinions. Roch isn't infallible. I don't see that pushing Berry off the 40 man matters at all. It would've had to have happened at some point this offseason.

Roch is a great guy and a skilled, educated, journalist. He's not an amateur. He went to school for this. He has worked in the industry for a very long time. He is not a GM nor does he pretend to be.

Roch is a great guy and a skilled, educated, journalist. He's not an amateur. He went to school for this. He has worked in the industry for a very long time. He is not a GM nor does he pretend to be.

Great. I didn't say he wasn't an educated journalist. I'm an educated Medicare compliance analyst; I think I can get on equal footing with Roch on my opinions about whether Tim Berry was a bad move.

For a well educated guy, he sure has a tough time formulating tough questions. Just my opinion.

He is a good writer, very professional. Journalist....not so much.

To be fair to Roch, most the media in this town has that same issue.

For a well educated guy, he sure has a tough time formulating tough questions. Just my opinion.

He is a good writer, very professional. Journalist....not so much.

To be fair to Roch, most the media in this town has that same issue.

He is a degreed, skilled, journalist. Not a writer. He is not working in a position where he is an investigative journalist to any extent. People get writing jobs without journalism degrees these days. And it shows,

Not much to see here. We had an open spot and filled it. Joey T. could get waived at any minute and the O's could try to get him to Norfolk. Don't really get that though because he's relegated to 1B and we have Mancini and Walker. He's played some 3B in the minors but he's terrible there. I guess, a theory that has the Orioles trading Walker or Mancini holds a little water with this pickup. That's the only angle that makes any sense, unless you go with the possibility of Mancini or Walker making the ML team as a starter at 1B/DH.

We had Chris Parmelee as well when we had Davis. I guess it is just a deep depth thing. We had tried with Ji-Man, but we lost him.

Terdoslavich has a .760 career OPS in AAA in over 300 games. Parmalee has a .707 ML OPS and an .895 OPS in AAA in over 200 games. It's not even on the Parmelee level, IMO. If you were optimistic you could have hoped that Parmelee was a potential ML regular. My hopes for Joey T. would be for him to have a good season in AAA.

Or that he has options. Under team control. Actually, I was just commenting that he was filling the Ji-man spot, which is essentially the Parmelee slot. Probably regressed there. Except for that option stuff.

Archived