Orioles Claim Joey Terdoslavich (DFA for Davis Passed through Waivers)

Rene88

Joey made a fan for life in Bowie tonight. Maybe a couple.

My son (semi jokingly) asked Caleb Joseph for his bat a few times, as he walked by from the dugout to the clubhouse. He didn't really expect him to give him a bat, and Caleb laughed about it.

Joey came by after the game though and totally surprised my son with a cracked game used Joey T. custom Lousiville Slugger! You couldn't wipe the smile off of my son's face, and he literally cuddled with the bat in the car on the way home.

Joey had a homerun in the game to boot.

Very cool story.

I had a similar experience in 2008, in Durham, NC.

At the end of the game, as the entire Tides team was walking off of the field, I stood there waiting for an autograph. Only 2 of the players on the team signed for me, and one did so reluctantly. Tike Redmond gave me his autograph after hesitating. But Kam Mickolio went out of his way to walk over to me and give me his autograph.

To me, things like that go a long way. Mickolio went out of his way to make sure that a fan did not get completely snubbed ...... and to me, that is a great thing.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very cool story.

I had a similar experience in 2008, in Durham, NC.

At the end of the game, the entire Tides team was walking off of the field, I stood there waiting for an autograph. Only 2 of the players on the team signed for me, and one did so reluctantly. Tike Redmond gave me his autograph after hesitating. But Kam Mickolio went out of his way to walk over to me and give me his autograph.

To me, things like that go a long way. Mickolio went out of his way to make sure that a fan did not get completely snubbed ...... and to me, that is a great thing.

So true. These guys are tired, have a job to do - we get it. But I really appreciate the interactions they make time for.

Sidebar - Alan Mills loves kids - he takes every opportunity he can to grab a ball for little ones.

Archived