Camden Yards is the best park in the league. Am I being a homer?

winkies

Baseball parks are a thing of beauty. Some more than others. And there are select few that ugly like Tropicana, Oakland and Toronto. But most are the very least decent.

Camden Yards is the best though in the league. And the fans are incredible here. For a relatively small city and recently underperforming team we've had some great fan seasons in the last few years. Pound for pound best fans in the game at the ballpark.

Other super nice stadiums are Pittsburgh, SF, Col, Houston.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Melewski's blog today:

Oriole Park at Camden Yards has been selected as the top stadium experience for the second consecutive year by Stadium Journey, a Web site and monthly magazine that rates stadium experiences in the United States and Canada.

Stadium Journey reviewed more than 2,300 stadiums in 2015, and Oriole Park was the only stadium that received a perfect score for the second year in a row. It is also the only stadium to receive a perfect score in Stadium Journey's six-year history.

The scores are determined largely through Stadium Journey correspondents rating the following at each stadium: food and beverage, atmosphere, stadium location, fans, accessibility, return on investment, and an "extras" category. Additionally, ratings of stadium experiences from Stadium Journey members are used as a tiebreaker.

You can click here and read the full article through a purchase of the magazine via a print or online edition.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/01/a-look-at-the-bullpen-arms-race-in-the-al-east.html

No, I don't think you are at all. A lot of people rate OPACY as one of the best parks in baseball. Anyhow my ranking of MLB stadiums past and present I've been to. I won't include Memorial Stadium since I was so young when I went there.

1.) OPACY- The warehouse is iconic and unique and I have so many great memories here.

2.) PNC- Beautiful stadium. Does a great job of using Pittsburgh's skyline and bridges

3.) AT&T- Also beautiful and has MCCovey Cove.

4.) Old Yankee Stadium- Not a true beauty but history counts for something here.

5.) Nats Park- Just doesn't do it for me. It's not bad but it's not good either. It's very ordinary.

6.) RFK- A relic from the dark ages of stadiums, the dual purpose stadium

I'm planning to go to Wrigley this summer hopefully..

Baseball parks are a thing of beauty. Some more than others. And there are select few that ugly like Tropicana, Oakland and Toronto. But most are the very least decent.

Camden Yards is the best though in the league. And the fans are incredible here. For a relatively small city and recently underperforming team we've had some great fan seasons in the last few years. Pound for pound best fans in the game at the ballpark.

Other super nice stadiums are Pittsburgh, SF, Col, Houston.

How many stadiums have you been to?

I've been to very few stadiums that are still in use:

- OPACY

- Nats Park

- Chase Field (Arizona)

- Fenway

- Dodger Stadium

- Anaheim

- Oakland

Now defunct stadiums I visited:

- Memorial Stadium

- RFK

- Old Yankee Stadium

- Shea Stadium

- Candlestick Park

- Kingdome

- Cleveland Municipal Stadium

- OPACY

- Nats Park

- Chase Field (Arizona)

- Fenway

- Dodger Stadium

- Anaheim

- Oakland

- Memorial Stadium

- RFK

- Old Yankee Stadium

- Shea Stadium

- Candlestick Park

- Kingdome

Yes, on the defunct side that I was in as a kid or later, I went to old Comiskey Park, RFK, Memorial (of course), old Yankee stadium, Connie Mack Stadium (old Shibe Park), Sick's Stadium- Seattle Pilots, Jarry Parc - first home of the Montreal Expos- the fans there would beat their feet against the aluminum bleachers every time an Expo did something, Three Rivers Stadium, Candlestick.

- OPACY

- Nats Park

- Chase Field (Arizona)

- Fenway

- Dodger Stadium

- Anaheim

- Oakland

- Memorial Stadium

- RFK

- Old Yankee Stadium

- Shea Stadium

- Candlestick Park

- Kingdome

Your list is similar to mine

- da Yard

- Nats Park

- Chase Field

- Coors Field

- Progressive Field (CLE, formerly Jacobs Field)

- Skydome

- Memorial Stadium

- RFK

- Shea Stadium

- Candlestick Park

- Kingdome

I have been to the following:

AL East:

Camden Yards and Memorial

Old Yankee Stadium

Fenway

Toronto

AL Central

KC

Minny (new and old)

White Sox (new and old)

Cleveland

Detroit

AL West

Angels

Seattle

Oakland

NL East

Nats (old)

Atlanta (new)

Philly (old and new)

NL Central

Pitts (new and old)

Cubs

Milwaukee

NL West

Dodgers

SF Giants

Arizona

Padres (old)

I have also been to Montreal, which was an absolute dump.

All of that being said, I would rank my top 4 as

Camden

Seattle

SF

Pittsburgh (new)

Archived