If the Orioles move on from Davis...

Bazooka Jones

I really could see them doing a combo of:

1. Upton signing

2. P. Alvarez signing

3. Trading for H. Santiago (LAA)

The snag is obviously that Boras reps both Davis and Alvarez. If the Orioles were to move past Davis, how could they convince Boras to let them pay for Alvarez? Will money be enough?

The Orioles are known to have interest in Santiago. Could make a pretty solid 2 or 3 LHer in the rotation. The only question there is what could the Orioles part with to make LAA happy?

After all of that... who would occupy the leadoff spot?

1. Machado 3B

2. Kim LF

3. Jones CF

4. Trumbo 1B

5. Upton RF

6. Alvarez DH

7. Wieters - C

8. Hardy - SS

9. Schoop - 2B

1. Tillman

2. Santiago

3. Gausman

4. Jimenez

5. Gonzalez / Wilson / Wright

Not sure the big bucks are available for any player besides Davis. Angelos views Davis as a special player, i.e., an exceptional case. I doubt Duquette has the authority to make the optimal baseball decision for Upton and/or Alvarez. The latter may maximize the number of wins, but they are not special. Does the owner want to win games or does he want to satisfy his man-crush for Crush?

Dumb Question here, if we move on from Davis (which I really hope we do) why would we want both Trumbo and Alvarez in the starting lineup? Arent they kind of redundant?

Trumbo's a righty who can play first. Alvarez is a lefty who can't really field. So you'd likely see Trumbo as a first baseman with Alvarez the primary DH. Maybe Wieters against southpaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trumbo's a righty who can play first. Alvarez is a lefty who can't really field. So you'd likely see Trumbo as a first baseman with Alvarez the primary DH. Maybe Wieters against southpaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could buy a platoon between the two of them, no way would I want to see both of them in the same lineup on a regular basis.

Archived