Wei-Yin Chen to the Marlins (5 yrs - $80M)

Bahama O's Fan

So anything less than Bora's outrageous original demand is considered having his client's get screwed?

I believe the Orioles are willing to pay Davis 150m but won't pay Cespedes 120m. Its the owners thought process.

Known player as opposed by unknown player.

It is about the turnstile cash flow. Cespedes will sell a few more season tickets until he looks like the player in Detroit then not so much while Chris Davis has a following that will come out to the turnstiles.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chen will get 5/75 million. I just don't see a market though. Hopefully a team like the red sox or white sox so our pick moves up. I loved Chen when he was here. But I don't think he's worth that contract in the AL. You have to skip him against the big RH teams like the Jays and Tigers, maybe us this year. As much as Boras and Chen complained, Buck managed Chen perfectly. Got him extra rest. Matched him up when possible.

The only way I see him being worth his contract is if he goes to the NL. Then who would be in on him? Nats, Cards?

Chen will get 5/75 million. I just don't see a market though. Hopefully a team like the red sox or white sox so our pick moves up. I loved Chen when he was here. But I don't think he's worth that contract in the AL. You have to skip him against the big RH teams like the Jays and Tigers, maybe us this year. As much as Boras and Chen complained, Buck managed Chen perfectly. Got him extra rest. Matched him up when possible.

The only way I see him being worth his contract is if he goes to the NL. Then who would be in on him? Nats, Cards?

He'd be good in St. Louis.

Is your last name Angelos? Makes no sense to me. Winning increases attendance. Cespedes for Davis would have a negligible effect if any at all.

Davis is marketable with or without winning. The Angelos family is very familiar with how to run a business without winning.

It's the agent. Chen's a better pitcher than Leake, Gallardo, or Kazmir . He would have been signed by now, for more than they got, if Boras wasn't asking the moon. His clients are doing really well this off season.

Boras has done a great job for his clients over the years, and he's rarely wrong about how to play the market. Not saying he's never made a mistake, but there's a reason good players keep hiring him.

Davis is marketable with or without winning. The Angelos family is very familiar with how to run a business without winning.

I personally don't think Davis sells many tickets. Team loyalty sells tickets. Loyalty to the opposing teams sells tickets. Winning sells tickets. Maybe superstars sell tickets. But Davis sells no more tickets than JJ Hardy. He's just fun to watch when he's on a hot streak.

I personally don't think Davis sells many tickets. Team loyalty sells tickets. Loyalty to the opposing teams sells tickets. Winning sells tickets. Maybe superstars sell tickets. But Davis sells no more tickets than JJ Hardy. He's just fun to watch when he's on a hot streak.

I did not mean that he actually SOLD more tickets. I did mean that he as a presence to market in a larger than life and time, non J.J. Hardy way.

Boras has done a great job for his clients over the years, and he's rarely wrong about how to play the market. Not saying he's never made a mistake, but there's a reason good players keep hiring him.

Boras is a good lair. Mystery teams. Getting teams to bid against themselves. If you want all the money that is available and don't care where you play he is your man.

Chen is a lefty. Him, Garcia and wainwright all in the same SR. Look out Chicago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That still doesn't really answer the question. You are ignoring resource distribution and looking at is as a fan. The Cardinals didn't get to where they are by distributing resources poorly.

Archived