The Wei-Yin Chen appreciation thread

Frobby

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously the business side of things made it unlikely we would resign him. But Chen was my favorite Os starting pitcher the past two years. Just a very consistent, reliable pitcher who you could count on to give you quality starts. Yes he had a tendency to give up a lot of HRs, but he challenged hitters and most of those were solo shots. He was always very modest after games and gave credit to his teammates. A great guy to root for, and good role model for the game. I wish Wei Yin Chen the best with the Marlins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, Jon Schoop might be better than both.
I think he will provide the most production while an Oriole compared to Chen and Koji.

Interesting. Gordon just signed 5 yr/$50M extension. Buying out his arb years plus two additional years if I understand correctly. Could be a framework for Schoop. Both are talented 2B's with different strengths and weaknesse, although Gordon appears to be the more complete player (4.9 WAR in 2015 vs. Schoop's career high of 1.5 WAR). Schoop is arb eligible next year, so we could be looking at a similar deal but lower AAV. I think the Marlins are getting a terrific deal.

Archived