Just a question for anyone in the know. Are college kids tested during the season.? For instance, this College kid G. Beckham, is tearing it up, how do we know if he is "doping" just for a few months leading up to the draft? Nothing on this kid, but wondered if the first time they are tested is for the "signing bonus" physical.

when i played in college (96-99) we signed a contract that we were subject to testing at any point during the year, however it was widely known that we would only be tested if we made it to NCAA postseason play. I'm not sure if that policy has changed or not.

to clarify my earlier post, the contract was for testing of all drugs, not just steroids. I think most of the college kids were more nervous about getting pinged for pot, not roids. Maybe it was more rampant than I knew, but I just didn't see much of 'roids use in my days.

to clarify my earlier post, the contract was for testing of all drugs, not just steroids. I think most of the college kids were more nervous about getting pinged for pot, not roids. Maybe it was more rampant than I knew, but I just didn't see much of 'roids use in my days.

In retrospect, do you think it was more common than you were aware of at the time?

Archived