Who Is A Better Fit For Orioles: Doug Fister, Yovani Gallardo or Mat Latos?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd take Fister on a 2 year deal.. even give him 2/$22m. He had a bad year in 2015. He's due to a bounce back.

Or Tim Lincecum on a two year deal.

I could be wrong, but I recall reading that it wasn't just a results drop-off. His stuff got worse, as well. Lost some significant velocity off of an already so-so fastball.

I agree with you. It makes it hard to evaluate DD.

The fact he made a trade last deadline when we weren't a very good team AND gave up young pitching makes me doubt him though quite honestly. Not a smart move IMO.

We were one game out of the wildcard, weren't we?

I'd take Fister on a 2 year deal.. even give him 2/$22m. He had a bad year in 2015. He's due to a bounce back.

Or Tim Lincecum on a two year deal.

He's due to regain the 4-5 MPH he lost off his fastball? How does that work? What makes him due to do that?

We were one game out of the wildcard, weren't we?

About 8 teams were within 4 games. Self-awareness is important when you are a GM. The pitching was bad. If he was so concerned about the OF, he should have been signing players instead of formatting his resume to fit a Canada format.

About 8 teams were within 4 games. Self-awareness is important when you are a GM. The pitching was bad. If he was so concerned about the OF, he should have been signing players instead of formatting his resume to fit a Canada format.

Just so I understand what you are saying, the Orioles should give up on a season when they are one game out of a playoff spot if there happen to be 8 other teams in the running? Have I got that right?

I could be wrong, but I recall reading that it wasn't just a results drop-off. His stuff got worse, as well. Lost some significant velocity off of an already so-so fastball.

He looked like a junk baller with the Nats last year. It's amazing, he went from being really good and under appreciated a bit to just being awful very quickly.

Good thing they did that in 2012, right?

Just so I understand what you are saying, the Orioles should give up on a season when they are one game out of a playoff spot if there happen to be 8 other teams in the running? Have I got that right?

Throwing in the towel is always a great way to sell tickets. Sometimes you just have to tell a team and a fanbase "I know you guys are poised for a big run, but you just don't have it in you. I just don't believe in you, and you shouldn't either."

Throwing in the towel is always a great way to sell tickets. Sometimes you just have to tell a team and a fanbase "I know you guys are poised for a big run, but you just don't have it in you. I just don't believe in you, and you shouldn't either."

Make your jokes....

Perhaps that's why the GM should have done his job last offseason and got the OFer instead of trading young and affordable starting pitching from an already weak minor league system.

Make your jokes....

Perhaps that's why the GM should have done his job last offseason and got the OFer instead of trading young and affordable starting pitching from an already weak minor league system.

Truer words were never spoken.

-6 Starting pitching prospects in 3 years and none of those players acquired, are in the organization. Then, complain about the price of pitching.

-Acquired an outfielder when, to his addmission, it was pitching that was killing us.

Oh by the way, 2 of those pitchers he traded are in big league rotations this year and another is predicted to make an impact with his team, this season.

Truer words were never spoken.

-6 Starting pitching prospects in 3 years and none of those players acquired, are in the organization. Then, complain about the price of pitching.

Oh by the way, 2 of those pitchers he traded are in big league rotations this year and another is predicted to make an impact with his team, this season.

I feel like the same 20 posters just want to agree with each other and when you say something they don't agree with, they tag team it to chase people off. I am not sure why I bother. Might be part of the reason other boards are sprouting up, just a thought.

Make your jokes....

Or maybe he thought that since the '14 Orioles had a very good rotation and quite a bit of rotation depth that it made sense to trade from that depth to augment the team.

Archived