Who is the better fit for the O's? Outfielder

Big O

Cespedes makes the lineup scary...does not cost a pick, requires no players be sent anywhere from our thin minor league system, and you don't have to assume any ugly contract that requires a bounce back season to happen. And he's better than any of the mediocre free agents left.

Amen! Exactly what I've harped about this offseason.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a thought for right field and lead off... Curtis Granderson?

With the Wilpons being cryptic about whether they are in on Cespedes or not, and an outfield that already contains Conforto, De Aza, and Lagares, I think Granderson could be an interesting option for the O's. He put up 5.1 WAR for the Mets last season, has always been durable (except for 2013), and posted an OPS of .821 (91 walks!) last season. Two years, around $30 million left on his contract.

I think he would at least be a better option than Markakis. Could be a salary dump for the ocst-conscious Mets if they get Cespedes - something like M. Wright and Walker? Thoughts??

Here's a thought for right field and lead off... Curtis Granderson?

With the Wilpons being cryptic about whether they are in on Cespedes or not, and an outfield that already contains Conforto, De Aza, and Lagares, I think Granderson could be an interesting option for the O's. He put up 5.1 WAR for the Mets last season, has always been durable (except for 2013), and posted an OPS of .821 (91 walks!) last season. Two years, around $30 million left on his contract.

I think he would at least be a better option than Markakis. Could be a salary dump for the ocst-conscious Mets if they get Cespedes - something like M. Wright and Walker? Thoughts??

The Mets went to the WS last year and they hope to do so again. They are not dumping Grandy's salary when he was a major reason they got there.

The Mets went to the WS last year and they hope to do so again. They are not dumping Grandy's salary when he was a major reason they got there.

Agreed--Granderson is extremely popular, resilient, and part of the soul of the team, esp. with Murphy gone and Wright in decline.

There would be no point in trading for Kakes. I would love to see Cespedes in the lineup, I wanted the O's to sign him back when he put that video out there of his amazing athleticism. I also kinda like the fact that he chain smokes between innings and some times opts to smoke over taking batting practice. A man with some real conviction!

I would love a deal for Either as I think he's a great platoon option with Reimold and I don't think he'd cost much in terms of personnel even with the Dodgers eating a significant portion of the contract. I think we ultimately go with either Joyce or Murphy (maybe Venable) and call it a day on offense (save the depth signings).

I would love a deal for Either as I think he's a great platoon option with Reimold and I don't think he'd cost much in terms of personnel even with the Dodgers eating a significant portion of the contract. I think we ultimately go with either Joyce or Murphy (maybe Venable) and call it a day on offense (save the depth signings).

Ethier had an .852 OPS last season, but he really was a platoon player.

.900 OPS vs. RHP on 397 PA (138 G)

.474 OPS vs. LHP on 48 PA (37 G)

Signed through 2017 with a 2018 vesting option. Does anyone know what the terms are?

To make this deal, the Dodgers would have to eat AT LEAST 50% with nothing of value going back the other way.

Signed through 2017 with a 2018 vesting option. Does anyone know what the terms are?

To make this deal, the Dodgers would have to eat AT LEAST 50% with nothing of value going back the other way.

One heckuva platoon player though. And it's better to have a lefty platooner than a righty platooner because of the abundance of right handed pitching. Plus the team has their right handers already.

That said, agree the Dodgers should eat some of his salary, and frankly I don't see the trade as feasible from a Dodgers perspective. Why would they just dump him after he outplayed Crawford and Puig last year? They could get at least something tangible for him.

Charlie Blackmon. He would add another dimension to this offense. He can run. Blackmon's ranked in the top 10 in stolen bases the last two years in the National League. He's left-handed hitter so he would add more balance to a lineup filled with right-handed hitters. He also has some pop as well hitting 19 HRs in 2014 and 17 HRs last year. The question is what will it take to get him?

Blackmon looks like a fun guy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/charlie-blackmon-hits-backwards--half-court-shot-at-nuggets-game-172307590.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andre Ethier cf

5 years/$85M (2013-17), plus 2018 option

5 years/$85M (2013-17), plus 2018 club option

signed extension with LA Dodgers 6/12/12

13:$13.5M, 14:$15.5M, 15:$18M, 16:$18M, 17:$17.5M, 18:$17.5M club option ($2.5M buyout)

2018 salary guaranteed with 550 plate appearances in 2017 or 1,100 PAs in 2017-18

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/nl-west/los-angeles-dodgers/

Archived