Who is the better fit for the O's? Outfielder

Big O

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a list of what's left and stats.

I see Tommy Hunter and Guts still available:)

http://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-free-agents-2015-16/

I'd take Hunter back on a 1 year deal in a heartbeat. He's better than Chaz Roe. Of course it would have to be on a milb deal at first because who knows what we're doing with signing another SP or if Bundy is healthy come the end of ST.

Also would not mind A.Simon, M.Byrd, D.Murphy, W. Venable, J.Peralta or C.Breslow on milb deals with ST invites. Obviously better deals for some.

I'd take Hunter back on a 1 year deal in a heartbeat. He's better than Chaz Roe. Of course it would have to be on a milb deal at first because who knows what we're doing with signing another SP or if Bundy is healthy come the end of ST.

Also would not mind A.Simon, M.Byrd, D.Murphy, W. Venable, J.Peralta or C.Breslow on milb deals with ST invites. Obviously better deals for some.

I have always been a big Simon fan. He would be a great flex guy. I think we should be all over that.

I wouldn't mind Venable if he were to come cheaply or on a MiLB deal. I didn't realize he was a plus baserunner.

I have always been a big Simon fan. He would be a great flex guy. I think we should be all over that.

I actually like the idea. Call me a sucker for nostalgia but Simon strikes me as a guy who could be useful as a starter or in the pen. He might not be a bad fall back type option to have if save a guy gets hurt or someone like Gonzo just falters right out of the gate. Simon could be useful in multiple ways

I wouldn't mind Venable if he were to come cheaply or on a MiLB deal. I didn't realize he was a plus baserunner.

Venable is no great shakes but I could see him being a useful guy.

If we can't acquire a guy who is a sure starter for that last OF spot, I would like to see as many options as possible beside Nolan, Alvarez and Rickard.

I think we should be looking for a platoon partner for Reimold/Alvarez. Venable the last 3 years is .247 .306 .394 .700 career .745 OPS v RHP. Both Murphy and Joyce are better options IMO, career .795 OPS v RHP.

Venable has some plus speed and can play some CF if need be. Both Joyce and Murphy are guys you can make a decent argument though for also

I kinda like Matt Joyce, know he had a god awful year but if he rebounds he could be a bargain with the biggest upside of the three IMO.

Venable has some plus speed and can play some CF if need be. Both Joyce and Murphy are guys you can make a decent argument though for also

I kinda like Matt Joyce, know he had a god awful year but if he rebounds he could be a bargain with the biggest upside of the three IMO.

Hoes and Rickard are both good defensive OF, younger and less costly. We need the OF bat, not another 4th OF candidate. And Rickard has a MiL track record of good OBP so my money is on him for 4th OF.

Hoes and Rickard are both good defensive OF, younger and less costly. We need the OF bat, not another 4th OF candidate. And Rickard has a MiL track record of good OBP so my money is on him for 4th OF.

Hoes can start the season in the minors, right? He and Rickard seem a bit redundant, but I think he makes some sense as depth behind Rickard/Reimold's eventual injury if he can start in the minors.

Hoes can start the season in the minors, right? He and Rickard seem a bit redundant, but I think he makes some sense as depth behind Rickard/Reimold's eventual injury if he can start in the minors.

Hoes is out of options. Has to pass through waivers to get to the minors. He might pass through on the day before Opening Day, depending on kind of ST he has.

Archived