Jimmy Paredes in 2016... is there room?

InsideCoroner

Paredes looks like a classic case of getting figured out by the advanced scouts. I remember Palmer saying all season long that he told Parades he could have a lot of success if he was more selective at the plate. That didn't last very long. I know he was working on playing in the OF in the DSL but even there is offensive numbers were slumping. The guy probably has higher offensive upside than Alvarez, Hoes, etc. Problem is, will he be able to adjust back to the league. He could be the ideal #2 hitter in the lineup sandwiched between Machado and Jones. But he's going to have to show a totally reworked approach at the plate and at least some type of ability to be playable in the OF. Two huge IF's, but the guy is toolsy. Hopefully Coolbaugh and Kirby can really work with him during ST. As much as he slumped last year, not one of the other contenders can every say they put up the type of numbers he did through his hot stretch.

Here's hoping that Paredes, Hoes, Avery, and Rickard all have big springs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did certainly make his mark at third base last year. He fielded seven chances there, and made errors on three. That's the definition of "E for effort".

I agree with Frobby that when locked in, he has a smooth opposite-field stroke that looks beautiful. But MLB history is littered with hitters that had great swings but no plate discipline whatsoever.

Archived