Trade Idea...with Cubs

Answerman

IMO, if the Cubs trade Soler it will be for an established starting pitcher in a trade that would include Hendricks. The Cubs showed no confidence in Kyle during the playoffs warming up relievers in any inning he gave up more than one hit or walk. Kyle has solid stats but is a soft tosser. He could be an excellent 4/5 starter on a team with patience. … but the Cubs are trying to win now.

I can't see trading Bundy. He is still the Orioles #1 prospect. If they look to trade him it is a red flag to other teams. … and he has so many of those already. He could still be a star. I'd like the O's to use him as a starter this year but limit him to 50-60 innings per game at least through June.

Castillo (Cubs) is a much better catching prospect than Cisco right now. Patience is needed with Cisco. Let him stay at Bowie to allow his glove to catch up with his bat and hopefully he'll surprise us with more power too!

To summarize, this is a trade I do not believe the Cubs would consider

The Orioles are also trying to win now so that kind of usage for Bundy is highly improbable.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles are also trying to win now so that kind of usage for Bundy is highly improbable.

Assuming no new SP, and we go with Worley as best option of the rest, why not pair Bundy with Worley? Worley goes 5 Bundy goes 2-3. SP #5 probably only gets around 26 starts due to skiping. Keeps Bundy on a regular schedule and at 50-75 innings. Britton, ODay, Givens, Brach, Matuz, Bundy, and a long man.

Assuming no new SP' date=' and we go with Worley as best option of the rest, why not pair Bundy with Worley? Worley goes 5 Bundy goes 2-3. SP #5 probably only gets around 26 starts due to skiping. Keeps Bundy on a regular schedule and at 50-75 innings. Britton, ODay, Givens, Brach, Matuz, Bundy, and a long man.[/quote']

I'm all for that.

Archived