Aderlin Rodriguez

TeamSchoop6

Orioles signed INF Aderlin Rodriguez to a minor league contract.

Rodriguez, 24, slashed .234/.277/.409 with 13 homers and 50 RBI in 107 contests at Double-A between the Mets and Mariners in 2015. He adds organizational depth for the O's.

Source: Matt Eddy on Baseball America

This kid seems to have potential. I feel like we don't have much 3B depth behind Manny in the organization. Right now we have Jomar Reyes and Drew Dosch. I like the add and im excited to see if he produces well for us.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodriguez, 24, slashed .234/.277/.409 with 13 homers and 50 RBI in 107 contests at Double-A between the Mets and Mariners in 2015. He adds organizational depth for the O's.

This kid seems to have potential. I feel like we don't have much 3B depth behind Manny in the organization. Right now we have Jomar Reyes and Drew Dosch. I like the add and im excited to see if he produces well for us.

I hope he does.

TeamSchop6, I have to ask. How old are you? That sounds like something I naively would have said about Tim Nordbrook or Dyar Miller or Taylor Duncan a long time ago.

Some folks prefer to have a more positive outlook on possibilities. Those folks are welcome here too.

Me too. Mike Almanzar has shown glimpses of exceptional talent and also poor production so there is that. He's a real strong dude.

Ive seen Almanzar play multiple times and youre right, he has the tools but for some reason he isnt constant. Maybe we found a decent player in Aderlin. Never know, i like to keep a positive outlook on players we add

What makes you think he has potential?

Ive seen Almanzar play multiple times and youre right, he has the tools but for some reason he isnt constant. Maybe we found a decent player in Aderlin. Never know, i like to keep a positive outlook on players we add

It's fair to denigrate the players when their performance is not in line with a career path that shouts MLB. But sometimes guys beat the scouting projections. Trey Mancini appears to be one of those guys. Josh Hader too.

He's organizational filler. A non prospect. He has a career .723 OPS in the minors. He had a .685 OPS in AA last year. His career fielding percentage at 3B is .889.

Last year he played more games at 1B than 3B. No, he's not a candidate to replace Manny one day. He's not even a candidate to replace Michael Almanzar at Norfolk.

Spot on but these types of guys help Bowie and Norfolk make the playoffs. But with small slivers of hope that they turn into something. Almanzar was a rule 5 pick by us and Rodriguez just played in the AFL 2 seasons ago. "Arod" is basically in the same position that Drew Dosch is in, and Dosch was in our top 30 prospects last season.

Almanzar stinks. Aderlin is worse than Almanzar. Neither will have a career in MLB.

Ha! Refreshing post. Serious question: I watch a decent amount of Norfolk games and for the life of me don't understand what they saw in Almanazar. Do you know?

Weams: I know you like him, do they just like his frame?

Was I rude, mean, or make him feel unwelcome. Positive and off the charts unrealistic are two different things.

You called him a child and he was not, please allow other to have their own opinions.

And yes, you are probably right that he is filler. My soap box is that the new poster be allowed to talk without being ridiculed.

Archived