This one's on Trembley

JTrea81

Just horrible management today. First after Walker is removed, who does he go to? A fresh Aquino? Nope, Sarfate who was clearly gassed. Then in the next inning with the game still tied and Shields is out, does he bring in Jones to PH for Payton who hadn't done anything at the plate? Nope, he leaves Payton in to go 0-4. And then the next inning he leaves Sarfate in when it is clear he is gassed, even though Aquino was fresh.

Trembley reminded me a lot of what I hated about Sam Perlozzo and he's going to turn Sarfate into the next John Parrish.

Just horrible management tonight from Trembley...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walker should've been out of that inning with no further base runners. The ball that Crawford hit should have been caught as well. Jones would have caught that ball if he were in the game.

Had he replaced Payton after Payton went 0-2 with 2 K's, he might have had a chance. It just proves my point even further. Trembley lost this game.

Is it me or is the sky falling?

"It'll be fun to watch the young guys develop" was the theme over and over again back in January.

Start a mini-losing streak and people get all hopped up.

This 20/20 hindsight stuff is a little over-reactive, isn't it?

I suppose the next thread will be calling for Tremblay's firing.

I agree its frustrating to watch at times, but we KNEW what we were in for.

Thus far, they have exceeded our expectations and now we are getting more in line with reality, whether or not anyone wants to admit it.

"It'll be fun to watch the young guys develop" was the theme over and over again back in January.

Thus far, they have exceeded our expectations and now we are getting more in line with reality, whether or not anyone wants to admit it.

We knew what we were in for with the players, but it's the manager that lost this game. It's a disappointing game for Trembley who just seemed to feed Sarfate to the wolves, much like Perlozzo did with Parrish. Trembley was supposed to be the smartest manager we had since Davey, but he sure didn't show it tonight.

I don't think anyone's calling for his firing or even thinks about that right now.

My problem is leaving Sarfate in there when it was obvious he had no idea where his pitches were going. I think there is some merit to letting a guy take his lumps, but that was hitting him in the head with a crowbar.

I don't think anyone's calling for his firing or even thinks about that right now.

My problem is leaving Sarfate in there when it was obvious he had no idea where his pitches were going. I think there is some merit to letting a guy take his lumps, but that was hitting him in the head with a crowbar.

Not to mention Sarfate threw a ton of pitches, so now he can't go for the rest of the series most likely. You just burned one of your best relievers...

Exactly...

Playing guys like Payton, Fahey, and Millar while giving days off to Brian Roberts and Adam Jones this early in the season is baseball blasphemy! No wonder no one around baseball had him on their managerial job list after all these years.

Archived