This one's on Trembley

JTrea81

Unfortunately that was mismanagement of an old FO, and the best thing this FO can do is build his trade value and trade him. That means getting him AB's.

THe next few years are about growth and rebuilding. That means growth of the manager two as he begins to understand his new players.

Or just relaese him and eat the salary......

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry rshack just brings out the venom in me, especially when he posts those pics mocking me. As does bad managing. Perlozzo annoyed me to no end, and to see Trembley manage like him in this game is just aggravating and disappointing.

Gotta learn to laugh at yourself dude. This is just a message board. Lighten up, we're all easy targets on here.

Earl didn't get it right 100% of the time, either. No manager does and don't forget it's always easy to Monday Morning QB bullpen moves from the comfort of your home office.

Perlozzo never learned from his mistakes, we have to see if Trembley will.

It's a long season, my friend...and we knew what we were in for.

Not really sure how this one's on Trembley. Sarfate did a nice job coming back and striking out Pena in that AB, but our old pal Joe West missed the call. Then the wheels came off.

Walker did a nice job too, Pena never should've came up in that inning. That's baseball.

Sorry rshack just brings out the venom in me, especially when he posts those pics mocking me. As does bad managing. Perlozzo annoyed me to no end, and to see Trembley manage like him in this game is just aggravating and disappointing.

JTreas.....the reason you get mocked is that you over-react to everything. You seem completely incapable of accepting other people's mistakes, whether or not they are real or imagined.

Hey, come on... that one just asks you nicely to please stop overreacting.

I have another one, the one that has the kid offering you *encouragement*... but you whined to the mods, so they took it down...

If you don't want people commenting about your overreactions, you could try not going overboard about everything...

I'd rather go overboard than just blindly agree with everything the Orioles organization does. This is where I vent my frustrations, and tonight's game was frustrating. It's nice that you can still have orange colored goggles on, but at some times it's just annoying the way you dismiss or mock any criticism directed at the Orioles. I may go overboard, but when others vent, I don't mock them as they need to have their say.

This place is the release valve for Oriole fans...

Not really sure how this one's on Trembley. Sarfate did a nice job coming back and striking out Pena in that AB, but our old pal Joe West missed the call. Then the wheels came off.

Walker did a nice job too, Pena never should've came up in that inning. That's baseball.

Well said. I never blame umpires/refs for outcomes of games but that seemed to be the jump off point for the Rays.

I don't know about feeding Sarfate to the wolves. He has to pitch out of that kind of mindset. I also don't think he was gassed at all, if anything too amped up. While I was surprised he came back out in the 8th, not really having any control over the zone, we don't know what was said in between innings. Dennis may have listened and said he was fine. This way they don't have to burn another arm. If he goes out there and retires the side in order, everything still looks good from that standpoint. I guess I have to chalk it up to a bad night. Forget and go get em tomorrow.

I don't get it... People call for them to trade guys like Payton and Millar, but you don't want to give them the playing time? Do you think a team is going to trade for a guy that the Orioles won't even give playing time to?

I wouldn't call for them to be traded. They both should be released instead just like Jay Gibbons. It'll clear up positions for more worthy young prospects.

Im sorry but this is an overreaction. Jones has played in every game so far, including both games yesterday. I have no problem with him getting the night off.

As far as the bullpen use I feel Trembley did everything fine. I probably would have started with Aquino in the 8th because of how Safarte struggled in the 7th. However, I can understand the thought process of sending Safarte out to start the 8th. I mean it's not like Aquino has gained any trust to pitch in a tight game. I'm sure if he would have started the 8th and got rocked someone else would have been here blaming Trembley for not sticking with the "hot" pitcher Safarte.

I fear we're setting ourselves up for disappointment if we're waiting for Trembley to pinch hit Jones for Payton. I will be pleasantly surprised if it happens, but at this point of the year, I would be shocked to see Trembley send an unproven Jones up to bat for a veteran player like Payton in any situation. If Trembley sends Payton out there, he's going to stay in the game. If he didn't pinch hit Luke Scott for him last night, he won't be replacing a righty with a righty.

On the positive side, I'd be surprised to see him send up Payton to replace Jones either. I'm hardly saying they're interchangeable, and I want to see as little of Payton as possible, but I just don't see him doing it.

The O's pinch hitters will be replacing Hernandez, Fahey, and Quiroz, and that's it, as long as the standard line-up is in there.

Again, there will be plenty to get frustrated about without expecting Trembley to do something that he (and most other managers as well) won't do.

I wouldn't call for them to be traded. They both should be released instead just like Jay Gibbons. It'll clear up positions for more worthy young prospects.

More worthy young prospects? And who might they be? The only worthy position prospect is Reimold and he isnt exactly lighting the world on fire.

Just horrible management today. First after Walker is removed, who does he go to? A fresh Aquino? Nope, Sarfate who was clearly gassed. Then in the next inning with the game still tied and Shields is out, does he bring in Jones to PH for Payton who hadn't done anything at the plate? Nope, he leaves Payton in to go 0-4. And then the next inning he leaves Sarfate in when it is clear he is gassed, even though Aquino was fresh.

Trembley reminded me a lot of what I hated about Sam Perlozzo and he's going to turn Sarfate into the next John Parrish.

Just horrible management tonight from Trembley...

Yep. Trembley's management was pretty suspect tonight. There's no way in hell Payton should've played the entire game. His "offense" and "defense" cost us this victory, IMO.

That's not to say I don't like Trembley. Hell, I haven't liked an O's coach this much since Davey Johnson. I just hope tonight was an aberration.

Even if he struck out Pena that was still only two outs and then you have Upton with the bases juiced and a gassed Sarfate. I have nothing wrong with Walker coming in. But Sarfate has been overworked. Bringing him in for the 7th was fine, but leaving him out there for the eighth when you have Aquino who is coming off a good appearance and has only worked 2 games in 2 weeks in the bullpen as a fresh arm just doesn't make sense. This is exactly what Perlozzo did with Parrish. Parrish was dominant early in April and Perlozzo kept using him, much like Trembley is doing with Sarfate. Eventually he burned Parrish out and Parrish lost his confidence. Getting back to the game, when Trembley does put Aquino in it's in a pressure situation basically giving him no room for error and look what happens. The guy needs more work to be less rusty and you don't put rusty guys in pressure situations. Putting him in with nobody on is better than with the bases juiced. And then the fact that he let Payton bat with one out in a tie game when he was 0-3 with 2 K's and looked horrible. AJ was a much better choice, and you never know what AJ could have done.

So I'm just seeing warning signs with Sarfate and Trembley definitely reminded me of Perlozzo the way he just left him out there even though he had a fresh arm in the pen that needed work.

This place is the release valve for Oriole fans...

Truer words have never been spoken.

I, like JTrea81 and many others, enjoy a good vent, especially after the disheartening loss we suffered this evening. That doesn't make us any less of an O's fan. It's just our way of dealing with the frustrations brought on by a decade of ineptitude.

Deep down we all know that MacPhail has put the franchise on the right track, but as the old saying goes, "old habits die hard." Please, bare with us. :D

Archived