This one's on Trembley

JTrea81

The "mom" thing really wasn't necessary. Do you ever say "thanks Dad" to a male poster? Is that how you expect me to address you when you call me out (which you do to myself and other posters with some regularity)? I've kept quiet about it for awhile, but I really think your attitude towards JTrea gets downright juvenile at times. He's excitable. He says wacky things, some of which make very little baseball sense, but unless he's saying something above and beyond what he did about Trembley and Payton in this thread I don't think he deserves to be ridiculed and derided for it. You make a lot of good points on this board, but like all of us who probably qualify as OH addicts, sometimes something gets in your craw and you get a bit out of line. It's not the end of the world, I just didn't think you were being fair to him so I tried to tell you as nicely as possible.

Oh, hell, Blue, come on... if you're trying to say I'm being a male chauvinist pig, then do you mind if somebody hints that you're a female chauvinist piglette? ;-) Look, we're all cartoons here, each in our own way. I don't mind you giving me crap about it, fair is fair. But please don't get indignant about it. You can probably do a better job of describing the cartoon I am than I could, just like others can probably draw the BlueberryBeer cartoon better than you could. That's just how people are. Personally, I think you get pretty Mom-like sometimes, with moralistic stories about how people should be (sometimes about other posters, sometimes about AM being mean or insensitive to the emotional state of his Orioles). That's OK, it's fine with me if you do. You can say what you want, I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't. But don't act like you're above it all. Nobody's above it all, not even you.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, hell, Blue, come on... if you're trying to say I'm being a male chauvinist pig, then do you mind if somebody hints that you're a female chauvinist piglette? ;-) Look, we're all cartoons here, each in our own way. I don't mind you giving me crap about it, fair is fair. But please don't get indignant about it. You can probably do a better job of describing the cartoon I am than I could, just like others can probably draw the BlueberryBeer cartoon better than you could. That's just how people are. Personally, I think you get pretty Mom-like sometimes, with moralistic stories about how people should be (sometimes about other posters, sometimes about AM being mean or insensitive to the emotional state of his Orioles). That's OK, it's fine with me if you do. You can say what you want, I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't. But don't act like you're above it all. Nobody's above it all, not even you.

When did I say I was above it? I have taken your criticism on a number of occasions and not argued about it. Why does even a mild criticism of you have to turn into a battle? It's not always easy being a girl in the guys' locker room, and I don't like the whole "mom" business. Sorry, that's just something that I find insulting. Taking exception to your use of a specific expression is hardly accusing you of being a male chauvinist pig. I wasn't indignant, just a little annoyed and I told you so because I thought you were being kind of unreasonable about the whole thing (including with JTrea). I wasn't trying to start World War III here, I just though JT was getting picked on too much and somebody should stand up for him.

When did I say I was above it? I have taken your criticism on a number of occasions and not argued about it. Why does even a mild criticism of you have to turn into a battle? It's not always easy being a girl in the guys' locker room, and I don't like the whole "mom" business. Sorry, that's just something that I find insulting. Taking exception to your use of a specific expression is hardly accusing you of being a male chauvinist pig. I wasn't indignant, just a little annoyed and I told you so because I thought you were being kind of unreasonable about the whole thing (including with JTrea). I wasn't trying to start World War III here, I just though JT was getting picked on too much and somebody should stand up for him.

You think I just started a battle with you? You think it's WW3? Come on, Blue, I said it was fair for you to criticize me. Jeez...

Seems like you wanna tell other people how to be, but don't wanna be called Mom. Fine, whatever.

I wouldn't call for them to be traded. They both should be released instead just like Jay Gibbons. It'll clear up positions for more worthy young prospects.

They have to get those worthy prospects first.

You think I just started a battle with you? You think it's WW3? Come on, Blue, I said it was fair for you to criticize me. Jeez...

Seems like you wanna tell other people how to be, but don't wanna be called Mom. Fine, whatever.

Look, you've never been shy about dishing out critiques of others' posts so I figured you could take it without making a scene. I've learned my lesson. No more trying to offer friendly advice to RShackleford.

The "mom" thing really wasn't necessary. Do you ever say "thanks Dad" to a male poster? Is that how you expect me to address you when you call me out (which you do to myself and other posters with some regularity)? I've kept quiet about it for awhile, but I really think your attitude towards JTrea gets downright juvenile at times. He's excitable. He says wacky things, some of which make very little baseball sense, but unless he's saying something above and beyond what he did about Trembley and Payton in this thread I don't think he deserves to be ridiculed and derided for it. You make a lot of good points on this board, but like all of us who probably qualify as OH addicts, sometimes something gets in your craw and you get a bit out of line. It's not the end of the world, I just didn't think you were being fair to him so I tried to tell you as nicely as possible.
JTrea says things that IMHO are idiotic. So IMHO it's OK to say he's an idiot, IMHO. DT is managing a rebuilding team and so while winning is important, he has to see what he has, and test their mettle. Sarfate is a young RP with closer potential. He needs to see what he is made of. He left Sarfate in to face Pena and he was right. Sarfate got Pena out. The ump's call was blatantly bad, everyone should know that. Could DT be expected to know that LH would make an error on a GB he makes 9 out of 10 times? Could he know ahead of time that Crawford would hit a Texas leaguer that Jones would have cought, but not Payton? It's baseball for s***'s sake. s*** happens. Grow up and get a life.:rolleyes:

JTrea says things that IMHO are idiotic. So IMHO it's OK to say he's an idiot, IMHO. DT is managing a rebuilding team and so while winning is important, he has to see what he has, and test their mettle. Sarfate is a young RP with closer potential. He needs to see what he is made of. He left Sarfate in to face Pena and he was right. Sarfate got Pena out. The ump's call was blatantly bad, everyone should know that. Could DT be expected to know that LH would make an error on a GB he makes 9 out of 10 times? Could he know ahead of time that Crawford would hit a Texas leaguer that Jones would have cought, but not Payton? It's baseball for s***'s sake. s*** happens. Grow up and get a life.:rolleyes:

couldn't have said it better myself

I don't mind people venting, but they should at least try to sound somewhat logical. If someone says something that just doesn't make that much sense, I can understand if people call them out. If they just want to rant, then post in the rant section.

Anyway, here were some of my thoughts as the game unfolded.

1. I was wondering why DT didn't bring in Albers in the 8th, or even in the 7th instead of Sarfate. Coming off a doubleheader, many of the relief pitchers had been used yesterday, but Albers wasn't one of them. He hadn't been used since Tuesday actually.

2. I can understand sitting Jones tonight. DT is going to sit Jones against some of the tougher right handers, and Shields probably qualifies.

3. If DT was going to use Jones as a PH, I thought he might use him to ph for Luis Hernandez in the top of the 7th, even though Luis is hitting OK. We were leading 5-2 at the time, but I thought that would be a good time to PH with Jones. Luis was leading off the inning and Shields was out of the game. Then we would have sent up Jones, Roberts, Mora and Markakis. Then Fahey can always come in at SS.

I don't mind people venting, but they should at least try to sound somewhat logical. If someone says something that just doesn't make that much sense, I can understand if people call them out. If they just want to rant, then post in the rant section.

Logical is in the eye of the beholder. As long as the post isn't personally disrespectful of anyone or otherwise in violation of the board rules the poster has a right to it. Arguing with the post is fine, bashing the poster as an individual or calling them an idiot is far worse than being illogical IMO.

Anyway, here were some of my thoughts as the game unfolded.

1. I was wondering why DT didn't bring in Albers in the 8th, or even in the 7th instead of Sarfate. Coming off a doubleheader, many of the relief pitchers had been used yesterday, but Albers wasn't one of them. He hadn't been used since Tuesday actually.

2. I can understand sitting Jones tonight. DT is going to sit Jones against some of the tougher right handers, and Shields probably qualifies.

3. If DT was going to use Jones as a PH, I thought he might use him to ph for Luis Hernandez in the top of the 7th, even though Luis is hitting OK. We were leading 5-2 at the time, but I thought that would be a good time to PH with Jones. Luis was leading off the inning and Shields was out of the game. Then we would have sent up Jones, Roberts, Mora and Markakis. Then Fahey can always come in at SS.

Now back to baseball (hopefully permanently):

1. All indications point to Albers being the likely starter on Monday. I think that's why he wasn't used in relief.

2. Resting Jones early was ok, but if you're going to use Payton in CF he should be replaced defensively before you get to the late innings if the game is close. He's just not a good center fielder. Almost every time he goes out there there's some sort of glaring problem.

3. Would you have kept Jones in the game in CF after he hit for Hernandez and put Fahey in Payton's slot (or Scott's and moved Payton to LF)? If you did that, you would have had Fahey possibly come up in a key slot an inning later with no way to hit for him, but if you burned Jones and didn't put him in for defense you'd be left with a very weak defensive outfield and no way to improve it. With them being up 5-2 at the time Hernandez came up to bat I think it would have been more valuable to keep Jones so that you could put him in for defense. It's the fact that he wasn't brought in for defense that I see as the biggest problem.

The entire premis of this thread is based on emotional venting... don't try and bring logic into it now.

2. Resting Jones early was ok, but if you're going to use Payton in CF he should be replaced defensively before you get to the late innings if the game is close. He's just not a good center fielder. Almost every time he goes out there there's some sort of glaring problem.

To be fair, it's not that he can't field or that he made some kind of error last night...it's just that he clearly doesn't have the range of Adam Jones. Which is probably what allowed Crawford's bloop single.

Finally someone who hits the nail on the head. Great post.

Archived