This one's on Trembley

JTrea81

When did I say I was above it? I have taken your criticism on a number of occasions and not argued about it. Why does even a mild criticism of you have to turn into a battle? It's not always easy being a girl in the guys' locker room, and I don't like the whole "mom" business. Sorry, that's just something that I find insulting. Taking exception to your use of a specific expression is hardly accusing you of being a male chauvinist pig. I wasn't indignant, just a little annoyed and I told you so because I thought you were being kind of unreasonable about the whole thing (including with JTrea). I wasn't trying to start World War III here, I just though JT was getting picked on too much and somebody should stand up for him.

Get real...when have you ever gotten unwarranted criticism or whatever, simply for being a girl on this message board? There are plenty of female posters on this board who don't seem to have this problem, sounds to me like it may be a personal problem.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if you don't go overboard, does that mean that you blindly agree with everything the Orioles do?

Duhhhhh!!! You either act like a head case who blows up over every little thing or you're a blind sheep. I thought that was crystal clear.

Get real...when have you ever gotten unwarranted criticism or whatever, simply for being a girl on this message board? There are plenty of female posters on this board who don't seem to have this problem, sounds to me like it may be a personal problem.

I don't think you were following the whole discussion, which was an argument between two posters that probably should have taken place via PM, but to address your comment there have been quite a few female posters who have complained about not being taken seriously on here, both on the board and in private messages to me. Some of them haven't stuck around because they haven't felt comfortable. Most women aren't crazy about the way Anita Marks gets talked about, or Jay Gibbons' wife, or various other women that disrespectful comments are made about. For me being able to talk about a topic of great interest to me takes precedence over avoiding any and all incidents of online sexism, but if someone addresses a comment directly to me that I have a problem with, I'm going to tell them what I think, just like they would do to me if I said something that offended them.

I don't think you were following the whole discussion, which was an argument between two posters that probably should have taken place via PM, but to address your comment there have been quite a few female posters who have complained about not being taken seriously on here, both on the board and in private messages to me. Some of them haven't stuck around because they haven't felt comfortable. Most women aren't crazy about the way Anita Marks gets talked about, or Jay Gibbons' wife, or various other women that disrespectful comments are made about. For me being able to talk about a topic of great interest to me takes precedence over avoiding any and all incidents of online sexism, but if someone addresses a comment directly to me that I have a problem with, I'm going to tell them what I think, just like they would do to me if I said something that offended them.

No I was following the discussion. Perhaps it would have been better in PM, but I don't see what the problem is if Rshack wants to call JTrea on some of the stuff he says or when he makes sweeping statements or makes mountains out of molehills. If JTrea wants to say certain things, he shouldn't be surprised when people disagree with him or call him on his ish.

I agree with you about those comments, especially about Anita Marks. I don't get why people feel the need to talk so badly about her, she seems alright to me. But to be fair, maybe the male posters on here feel the same way when they have to read about all the comments about the looks of Brian Roberts or Nick Markakis or whomever.

No I was following the discussion. Perhaps it would have been better in PM, but I don't see what the problem is if Rshack wants to call JTrea on some of the stuff he says or when he makes sweeping statements or makes mountains out of molehills. If JTrea wants to say certain things, he shouldn't be surprised when people disagree with him or call him on his ish.

I agree with you about those comments, especially about Anita Marks. I don't get why people feel the need to talk so badly about her, she seems alright to me. But to be fair, maybe the male posters on here feel the same way when they have to read about all the comments about the looks of Brian Roberts or Nick Markakis or whomever.

If people want to call Anita marks "cute" or "adorable" or even "hot" or "callipygous" I don't see the problem with that. Same if they want to say that they don't find her attractive without going nuts about it. I've never seen any female on here openly express desire to "nail" or "bang" Roberts or Markakis, or "hit that" or any of the other somewhat demeaning expressions that I've seen used about females, nor have I seen the level of bashing towards any man that Marks takes among those who don't approve of her looks. But hey, if I ever say anything about a player's attractiveness or lack thereof that makes you uncomfortable, let me know. It is a two way street. Sometimes we all miss things even if we are trying to be sensitive.

After reading pages of pickering and whining, I am going to look at the big picture. The team is 6-4 in first place, neither were reasonable expectations going into this season. DT has ,for the most part, gotten alot out of what he has to work with. Young rebuilding teams tend to go like this. Periods of great play followed by periods where the don't look very good. Go out and win todays game and this bad streak (which until tonight was not really that bad) will be quickly forgotten. Overall this team has been a very pleasant surprise. I had bought in to they just might be a 100 loss team, well they might still be but I have enjoyed this team more than most in the past ten years.

This is not something Trembley has full control of. MacPhail has stated as much publicly.

This is partially true but how he handles what is given to him can be done very poorly as well.

I have no doubt that the Moore/Johnson thing has everything to do with DT.

The "mom" thing really wasn't necessary. Do you ever say "thanks Dad" to a male poster? Is that how you expect me to address you when you call me out (which you do to myself and other posters with some regularity)? I've kept quiet about it for awhile, but I really think your attitude towards JTrea gets downright juvenile at times. He's excitable. He says wacky things, some of which make very little baseball sense, but unless he's saying something above and beyond what he did about Trembley and Payton in this thread I don't think he deserves to be ridiculed and derided for it. You make a lot of good points on this board, but like all of us who probably qualify as OH addicts, sometimes something gets in your craw and you get a bit out of line. It's not the end of the world, I just didn't think you were being fair to him so I tried to tell you as nicely as possible.

So...what if he does say "thanks dad"? Does that change things? I'm sure it had no misogynistic undertones and it's obvious you think that's where he was trying to take the conversation.

Is JTrea's allowed to say wacky, excitable things, but Shack's not allowed to point it out and dish out his $.02 on it?

We put our opinions out there by posting to a message board. As long as we all refrain from personal attacks, vulgarities, and everything else covered under the board rules and policies, there's no harm done.

Because he said he wanted 13 pitchers.

He did say they were considering that, but it's hard to tell whether that was his idea initially or MacPhail's. Also the specific players called up and sent down might not have been Trembley's choice. He had stated that he was going to start Moore at 1B today earlier in the week so it seems to me like he might not have been planning on Moore being the one to go down even if he did plan on adding a pitcher or he might have wanted to bring up Olson just for the spot start on Monday instead of adding someone right now.

Archived