This one's on Trembley

JTrea81

He did say they were considering that, but it's hard to tell whether that was his idea initially or MacPhail's
I have no doubt this is what DT wanted. Who was managing when we went with 13 pitchers last year? Either way, DT was on the staff then, so he probably liked the idea.
Also the specific players called up and sent down might not have been Trembley's choice
It was either Moore or Fahey...Pretty obvious to me that DT would prefer Moore here but knows that LH can't hit, so Fahey had to be the one to stay...I am sure he agreed with it.
he might have wanted to bring up Olson just for the spot start on Monday instead of adding someone right now.
I doubt this...If this was the case, why not just keep Moore through the weekend in case you need him...Then demote Moore on Monday for Olson.

He wanted the extra long man because they are going to likely start Albers...DT wanted the flexibility in the pen IMO.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So...what if he does say "thanks dad"? Does that change things? I'm sure it had no misogynistic undertones and it's obvious you think that's where he was trying to take the conversation.

Is JTrea's allowed to say wacky, excitable things, but Shack's not allowed to point it out and dish out his $.02 on it?

We put our opinions out there by posting to a message board. As long as we all refrain from personal attacks, vulgarities, and everything else covered under the board rules and policies, there's no harm done.

Honestly yes it would make a difference if he responded to men in the same manner. That's all I'm going to say about that because it's really not an issue I feel like continuing to discuss.

As for the JTrea stuff, it seems to me like a number of posters, not just RShack, have jumped on a bit of a "bash JTrea" bandwagon and the responses to his posts have turned toward the side of being personal rather than just saying "hey that post is ridiculous." Obviously most others on the board don't agree with me and I've made my opinion known so I'll shut up about it now.

I have no doubt this is what DT wanted. Who was managing when we went with 13 pitchers last year? Either way, DT was on the staff then, so he probably liked the idea.It was either Moore or Fahey...Pretty obvious to me that DT would prefer Moore here but knows that LH can't hit, so Fahey had to be the one to stay...I am sure he agreed with it. I doubt this...If this was the case, why not just keep Moore through the weekend in case you need him...Then demote Moore on Monday for Olson.

He wanted the extra long man because they are going to likely start Albers...DT wanted the flexibility in the pen IMO.

This is the key word in the whole post. We can speculate that it was probably Trembley playing the lead role in making the decision, but at the end of the day we don't know for sure (although we do know that MacPhail is his boss and could have overruled him if he'd wanted to). I just don't think it's fair to blame one person who isn't actually the one the buck ultimately stops with for an organizational decision we don't agree with absent hard facts to indicate that it was in fact Trembley's decision.

This is the key word in the whole post. We can speculate that it was probably Trembley playing the lead role in making the decision, but at the end of the day we don't know for sure (although we do know that MacPhail is his boss and could have overruled him if he'd wanted to). I just don't think it's fair to blame one person who isn't actually the one the buck ultimately stops with for an organizational decision we don't agree with absent hard facts to indicate that it was in fact Trembley's decision.

I can blame DT for not handling the BP well....I can blame DT for overvaluing defense and wanting LH to be the starter.

So...what if he does say "thanks dad"? Does that change things? I'm sure it had no misogynistic undertones and it's obvious you think that's where he was trying to take the conversation.

Is JTrea's allowed to say wacky, excitable things, but Shack's not allowed to point it out and dish out his $.02 on it?

We put our opinions out there by posting to a message board. As long as we all refrain from personal attacks, vulgarities, and everything else covered under the board rules and policies, there's no harm done.

Again what did I say that was wacky? Trembley pulled a page out of Perlozzo's book last night by keeping Sarfate in the game for the 8th when it was clear he was gassed when he had fresher options in the pen. Perlozzo did the same thing with Parrish and burned him out in the process. Everybody can say if Hernandez made that play in the 7th it wouldn't be an issue but the fact is the Orioles could have still won that game as it was still tied 5-5 in the 8th. Trembley's treatment of Sarfate last night was flat out Perlozzo like. And I don't see how you can find fault with that statement because it is true.

And you can't justify letting Payton bat in a tie game after he'd gone 0-3 when Adam Jones was available. No matter how you like Trembley's character or his managing style in general, the fact is his management last night contributed to that loss in a major way. That's all I'm saying and I don't think that's "wacky," nor should I be mocked for saying the truth...

I expect the players to have their ups or downs, but Trembley is supposed to be "the guy." And it seems many on this board have praised his baseball intelligence so I expect him to manage accordingly...

I can blame DT for not handling the BP well....I can blame DT for overvaluing defense and wanting LH to be the starter.

He wouldn't have wanted LH to be the starter if anyone had given him a better option. The only choice he has available to him at the moment is between Hernandez and Fahey. He can't win with those options.

Is it me or is the sky falling?

"It'll be fun to watch the young guys develop" was the theme over and over again back in January.

Start a mini-losing streak and people get all hopped up.

This 20/20 hindsight stuff is a little over-reactive, isn't it?

I suppose the next thread will be calling for Tremblay's firing.

I agree its frustrating to watch at times, but we KNEW what we were in for.

Thus far, they have exceeded our expectations and now we are getting more in line with reality, whether or not anyone wants to admit it.

Finally, a reasonable post.

He wouldn't have wanted LH to be the starter if anyone had given him a better option. The only choice he has available to him at the moment is between Hernandez and Fahey. He can't win with those options.

No doubt in my mind DT is happy with LH as his starter, regardless of other options.

He has always liked his defense.

No doubt in my mind DT is happy with LH as his starter, regardless of other options.

He has always liked his defense.

I'm sure he must have personally told MacPhail not to try to trade for Lillibridge because he really wanted Luis to be his starter.

Really, what's he supposed to do? He has to publicly express confidence in the players he has. That has more to do with motivating his players to do the best they can with what they have than with what he really wants in terms of talent. I have no doubt that he actually really likes Luis and would like to see him develop into a ML hitter, but I can't imagine that he's actually dumb enough to see that as so likely that he'd play Hernandez over a legitimate ML ready prospect if he had one at his disposal.

I'm sure he must have personally told MacPhail not to try to trade for Lillibridge because he really wanted Luis to be his starter.

Really, what's he supposed to do? He has to publicly express confidence in the players he has. That has more to do with motivating his players to do the best they can with what they have than with what he really wants in terms of talent. I have no doubt that he actually really likes Luis and would like to see him develop into a ML hitter, but I can't imagine that he's actually dumb enough to see that as so likely that he'd play Hernandez over a legitimate ML ready prospect if he had one at his disposal.

He has also said, in private, how much he wants LH here.

Because he said he wanted 13 pitchers.

No he did not say that. He never said that. What he said was that they might need 13 pitchers *IF* they didn't get 6 or 7 innings out of the SP's 2 games out of 5 (he also said ideally 3 out of 5, but that 2 out of 5 was the minimum they needed) *AND* if they had no days off.

As for whether he's good or bad at roster management, we don't know yet. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Last year doesn't tell us because he was bailing water non-stop. It's an open question, and is one thing we'll find out this year. So far, IMO he's done more things right than wrong, but we really don't know yet.

Archived