This one's on Trembley

JTrea81

Again what did I say that was wacky? Trembley pulled a page out of Perlozzo's book last night by keeping Sarfate in the game for the 8th when it was clear he was gassed when he had fresher options in the pen. Perlozzo did the same thing with Parrish and burned him out in the process. Everybody can say if Hernandez made that play in the 7th it wouldn't be an issue but the fact is the Orioles could have still won that game as it was still tied 5-5 in the 8th. Trembley's treatment of Sarfate last night was flat out Perlozzo like. And I don't see how you can find fault with that statement because it is true.

And you can't justify letting Payton bat in a tie game after he'd gone 0-3 when Adam Jones was available. No matter how you like Trembley's character or his managing style in general, the fact is his management last night contributed to that loss in a major way. That's all I'm saying and I don't think that's "wacky," nor should I be mocked for saying the truth...

I expect the players to have their ups or downs, but Trembley is supposed to be "the guy." And it seems many on this board have praised his baseball intelligence so I expect him to manage accordingly...

I honestly didn't look at the post(s) referenced. BBA said you were "excitable" and said something whacky.

While I agree that Trembley contributed to the loss, the bolded underlined part of your quote is where I take issue. It's your OPINION. If you post it here, you're subjecting your opinion to question, scrutiny, criticism, agreement, etc. It's what we do here. If someone broke a board rule, please bring it to my (or another moderator's) attention. You can use the "report a post" feature. It's private and it brings near-immediate attention to abusive posts.

Otherwise...understand that no matter how much it seems like your opinion might feel like the absolute truth, it's still your opinion.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly didn't look at the post(s) referenced. BBA said you were "excitable" and said something whacky.

While I agree that Trembley contributed to the loss, the bolded underlined part of your quote is where I take issue. It's your OPINION. If you post it here, you're subjecting your opinion to question, scrutiny, criticism, agreement, etc. It's what we do here. If someone broke a board rule, please bring it to my (or another moderator's) attention. You can use the "report a post" feature. It's private and it brings near-immediate attention to abusive posts.

Otherwise...understand that no matter how much it seems like your opinion might feel like the absolute truth, it's still your opinion.

Great, I get in all this trouble for trying to defend a guy and then you make it look like I was the one insulting him? :P

Just to clarify, I meant that JTrea sometimes makes wacky posts (referring mostly to his posts about Millar). I did not think the post that generated this particular round of criticism was out of line in any way. Slightly exaggerated, maybe, but certainly not worthy of this much controversy.

Great, I get in all this trouble for trying to defend a guy and then you make it look like I was the one insulting him? :P

Just to clarify, I meant that JTrea sometimes makes wacky posts (referring mostly to his posts about Millar). I did not think the post that generated this particular round of criticism was out of line in any way. Slightly exaggerated, maybe, but certainly not worthy of this much controversy.

Clearly this is all your fault then. :D

Seriously, the bickering and in-fighting within this otherwise peaceful community is more or less a direct result of the three-game losing skid.

I think that's pretty much what Scottie was saying.

Again what did I say that was wacky? Trembley pulled a page out of Perlozzo's book last night by keeping Sarfate in the game for the 8th when it was clear he was gassed when he had fresher options in the pen. Perlozzo did the same thing with Parrish and burned him out in the process. Everybody can say if Hernandez made that play in the 7th it wouldn't be an issue but the fact is the Orioles could have still won that game as it was still tied 5-5 in the 8th. Trembley's treatment of Sarfate last night was flat out Perlozzo like. And I don't see how you can find fault with that statement because it is true.

And you can't justify letting Payton bat in a tie game after he'd gone 0-3 when Adam Jones was available. No matter how you like Trembley's character or his managing style in general, the fact is his management last night contributed to that loss in a major way. That's all I'm saying and I don't think that's "wacky," nor should I be mocked for saying the truth...

I expect the players to have their ups or downs, but Trembley is supposed to be "the guy." And it seems many on this board have praised his baseball intelligence so I expect him to manage accordingly...

What we need to keep in mind though is that this season isn't all about winning. I know Trembley has said that the O's aren't conceding anything, and they are out there trying to win. But, above all else, this a rebuilding season and they are evaluating what they have. So overall, they are trying to win, but that doesn't mean in every single situation...sometimes they just need to see what a player brings to the table.

EDIT: And it wasn't clear to me that Sarfate was gassed...it looked more like he was having trouble with his release point.

Clearly this is all your fault then. :D

Seriously, the bickering and in-fighting within this otherwise peaceful community is more or less a direct result of the three-game losing skid.

Yup. I just hope the guys in the clubhouse are being more mature about this than we are. :P

Now back to baseball (hopefully permanently):

1. All indications point to Albers being the likely starter on Monday. I think that's why he wasn't used in relief.

I think Albers may be getting the start too, but Trembley did have him warming up early last night when Guthrie was having some problems.

Actually, most of us realize that DT and AM aren't perfect. The fact is that most of us who are labeled as "sheep" just refrain from hyperbolizing things whenever a mistake is made. I don't believe Trembley did a good job managing last night, but I'm not going to lose my mind over it and type nonsensical things.

BTW, this thread and last night's game thread examples one and two of why I choose not to post as often as I previously did.

The idea that you think game threads are going to be rational speak more against you than for the game threads. :)

I know this may shock everyone but AM and DT are not always going to make the right decisions.

I know, i know, that is blasphemy around here but its true.

BS ... it's just that not all of us are going to criticize their every move when we know that this year is about development and not winning. I don't have to look deeply into game #10 and find all the little mistakes. I know that the team is headed in the right direction and that is AM and DT's work.

BS ... it's just that not all of us are going to criticize their every move when we know that this year is about development and not winning. I don't have to look deeply into game #10 and find all the little mistakes. I know that the team is headed in the right direction and that is AM and DT's work.

The problem is, their faults could stop us from taking the next big step.

Oh and btw, if you don't think people would have been all over Perlozzo for the same thing many are giving DT a pass for, you are fooling yourself.

The problem is, their faults could stop us from taking the next big step.

Oh and btw, if you don't think people would have been all over Perlozzo for the same thing many are giving DT a pass for, you are fooling yourself.

There is more to managing than leaving a reliever in wrong. DT gets the pass for me on that because of ALL the things he does that Perlozzo did not.

How, oh how do you know about their faults and taking the next big step. We don't know how this thing is going to play out, but give them credit for having the stones to trade their two of their best players and for getting the players to buy in.

There is more to managing than leaving a reliever in wrong. DT gets the pass for me on that because of ALL the things he does that Perlozzo did not.

Just because he does most things well doesn't mean his faults can't/shouldn't be pointed out.

How, oh how do you know about their faults and taking the next big step
I don't know it but to think their faults can't hurt us in the long run is foolish.
We don't know how this thing is going to play out, but give them credit for having the stones to trade their two of their best players and for getting the players to buy in.

:rolleyes: This again?

Just because he does most things well doesn't mean his faults can't/shouldn't be pointed out.

I don't know it but to think their faults can't hurt us in the long run is foolish.

Herein lies the basic difference between us. Whether I am naive or you are too critical, I want to believe. I want to believe that MacPhail and Trembley are going to turn things around. I will "buy in." Now, I completely understand that after 10 years we shouldn't buy in. I understand that you are probably right for having that critical eye, but I don't care, it is more fun for me to believe in these guys and believe that things are headed in the right direction. Plus, I am totally prepared for the "I told you so ..." that you are bound to give me if this doesn't work out.:D

Herein lies the basic difference between us. Whether I am naive or you are too critical, I want to believe. I want to believe that MacPhail and Trembley are going to turn things around. I will "buy in." Now, I completely understand that after 10 years we shouldn't buy in. I understand that you are probably right for having that critical eye, but I don't care, it is more fun for me to believe in this guys and believe that things are headed in the right direction. Plus, I am totally prepared for the "I told you so ..." that you are bound to give me if this doesn't work out.:D

Have I ever said things aren't headed in the right direction since AM was brought on board?

Archived