This one's on Trembley

JTrea81

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, no, but not thinking they can get to the next level is an indictment of sorts.

Again, putting words into my mouth...I have never said they couldn't get us to that next level.

I said their faults could potentially hurt us, therefore talking about them isn't a bad thing.

Just amazing to me the homerism around here sometimes...If everything said isn't pollyanna-ish, you get jumped on. Unreal.

Just amazing to me the homerism around here sometimes...If everything said isn't pollyanna-ish, you get jumped on. Unreal.

You call me pollyanna ... fine ... you want to rip the manager for his roster management ... go ahead. Of course you know more than they do ... you the man.

Use the word could and your o.k. both ways? Is that how it goes? They could win the World Series this year also.:rolleyes:

No, it means that I am not going to sit on my hands and ignore their faults.

It means that they should be put out there because they could hinder us long term.

Again, if you only want to talk about the "nice things", that's fine but then just don't get involved in the conversations about other things.

It means that they should be put out there because they could hinder us long term.

Again, if you only want to talk about the "nice things", that's fine but then just don't get involved in the conversations about other things.

First, I'll get involved in any conversations I want. Second, Trembley's faults as far as I can tell have befelled every manager that ever lived. Each manager has made mistakes with their bullpen usage and lineups from time to time. I refuse to look at all the little things and will focus on the direction of the team and his ability to lead the charges.

Well they could hinder us, or they could help us. You don't know any better than the rest of us, even though your sure you do.

You're rapidly becoming the New Sapper. You're laying in wait for any little thing you don't like, and then acting like that's somehow big proof that AM and/or DT are idiots. The only criteria seems to be whether or not they agree with you about every little detail. AFAIK, whether you agree with them or not, there's a perfectly reasonable rationale for everything they've done, with the exception of 4/11's BP mystery.

BTW, did DT ever explain what he was thinking? Since HeartMASN made Tony mad and got a vacation, I can't see DT's post-game interviews anymore. Did he explain it? (I don't know if he did or not.)

Anyway, I think you liked it better when we had GM's and managers who weren't as competent as the guys we have now. That made it easier to sell the basic line of "They're all idiots, and therefore SG is smarter then everybody else in baseball." Now that the O's have people in charge who seem clueful, the ambient tone of most people on the board seems more reasonable, and your "what they did is awful" shtick seems to be getting less support.

Archived