The Pessimistic View

Orange

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pessimists view leaves out Trumbo. He should be good for a win or two. Other than that, I am pretty much with the pessimists. I would also add that we are in worse shape long term because of dollars committed to ODay and Davis for the foreseeable future. I would like Gausman becoming an ace a bonus that puts us in the World Series rather than something that has to happen for us to have a chance.

I would also add that we are in worse shape long term because of dollars committed to ODay and Davis for the foreseeable future. I would like Gausman becoming an ace a bonus that puts us in the World Series rather than something that has to happen for us to have a chance.

I would absolutely agree. Except all I care about is watching a team that wins more than they lose and maybe gets into the playoffs occasionally. I don't grade any other way.

The process, lists, strategies? Just let me go to bed happy more times than not.

When are the O's going to make a move for their pitching problems?

It is very frustrating to see or hear no news everyday. The ST is getting closer and the available

pitching is getting taken by other teams.

I can't see any really good solutions at this point. And I don't see a free agent pitcher that has been signed that will outperform his contract.

Pessimism says Murphy was an optimist. :)

I can't understand the total negativity and constant gloom and doom.

Nothing wrong with constructive analysis, but why the added stress for being so down?

I agree with Weams, like to see them win more than they lose, and playoff visits are an extra bonus, and let me go to bed, more happy than not.

Pessimism says Murphy was an optimist. :)

I can't understand the total negativity and constant gloom and doom.

Nothing wrong with constructive analysis, but why the added stress for being so down?

I agree with Weams, like to see them win more than they lose, and playoff visits are an extra bonus, and let me go to bed, more happy than not.

I am also here, but I don't see that happening over the long haul with how the team has been going.

Look at the 83 team, nobody thought they would do it, either, and some say this was the worse Oriole team to win a WS trophy and some better Oriole teams, never made it that far.

I'm not saying the '16 team might not sneak into the playoffs and go on a run.

I said long haul.

I don't want this team going into decline burdened with untradeable contracts and a lackluster farm system.

I'm not saying the '16 team might not sneak into the playoffs and go on a run.

I said long haul.

I don't want this team going into decline burdened with untradeable contracts and a lackluster farm system.

Long Haul, you get a core group of guys together and you plug in the holes, and you try and draft well, every season.

I know, thats a bit simplistic, but it is what it is.

I don't see a core of 30+ players like Hardy, O'Day and Davis as a reason for optimism.

No, it should not be a reason to point to future success. But again, modeling future successes in baseball is so terribly difficult to do. The one way to predict future success is to assume current and past failure.

Like stocks. You don't buy them when they are going good. You buy them when they are tanking.

Archived