Report: Orioles interested in Padres Andrew Cashner

Tony-OH

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with DD dealing Wright or Wilson. They're most likely relievers. DD does a great job with the bullpen. You could argue that TJ Macfarland is just as valuable as Wright or Wilson. We have several relief options already in the bullpen, in AAA, and guys like Bridwell, Miranda and Gunkel that will are already in the upper minors that will probably end up as relievers too.

Cashner is something that we currently don't have. So if we could somehow deal from our glut of relievers for a SP that would be great. Even if just for a year. Also, I'm not too worried about losing Walker or Mancini. Maybe Mancini just a little because I because it was fun to follow him last year.

These types of players are guys that DD stockpiles in depth and finds on the cheap. If the Padres are interested, I don't see why we wouldn't be.

Memory? Memory is the thing that convinced me I kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.
Memory had me convinced I saw Stu Miller blown off the mound at Memorial Stadium, until I read that it happened in Candlestick during an AS game that wasn't televised.

Memory had me convinced I saw Stu Miller blown off the mound at Memorial Stadium, until I read that it happened in Candlestick during an AS game that wasn't televised.

For the first decade of this century, a lot of Oriole pitchers were blown off the mound. :laughlol:

Amazing that all this discussion comes from the following:

Keep an eye on the Padres' Andrew Cashner, a free agent after this season who interests the Orioles. He slipped to 6-16 with a 4.34 ERA and 1.440 WHIP in 31 starts last season after going 5-7 with a 2.55 ERA, 1.127 WHIP and two shutouts in 19 starts in 2014.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/02/rotation-drags-down-offseason-score.html

At this point we don't even have a report that the Orioles and Padres have discussed a trade involving Cashner.

Getting very far off topic, in regards to memory, Dick Cavett tells an interesting story.

When he had a show, Dick Cavett once had show where one of his guests died during the taping. The show was never televised, because, you know, someone died during it. The only people that saw the event happen were the show's cast and the 100 or so odd audience members in attendance. But he says people come up to him every year and tell him that they remember seeing the guy die on his show. Of course, when he asks them I they were in the studio they say they weren't, which means they didn't see it happen, but they sure REMEMBER that they saw it. So much for memory.

Yeah. I mean, yeah. I haven't participated in this thread much because it's pretty clearly not a rumor with much weight at all.

I've participated in it because we've exhausted just about every other possible subject. I really don't need another discussion of Gallardo or Latos or the various OF options.

I like the idea of Cashner more than Gallardo or Latos, that I will say.

Latos > Cashner > Gallardo

but it's relative. If Latos' knee is still shot, I don't want him. If the Orioles have to give up a legit prospect for Cashner I'd rather give up the pick for Gallardo.

Amazing that all this discussion comes from the following:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/02/rotation-drags-down-offseason-score.html

At this point we don't even have a report that the Orioles and Padres have discussed a trade involving Cashner.

It's that or sit around and wait for Dan to actually address the rotation. Be lots of dead air.

Say no to cashner. I live in SD, guy is an enigma and a thrower. You guys will be disappointed. Basically anything the padres would want is an overpay

I'm sure Cubs fans are pretty happy with Jake Arrieta. If Walker and Wright get it done, go for it. With the way SP are valued, he has a breakout year, you most likely get a pick.

Archived