Happy Birthday, Scott Erickson

OFFNY

A fine Oriole.

Honest Question: do you keep a spreadsheet? Or are all the dates in your head?

I go to Baseball Reference, and they have the birthdays of all of the players on that specific day.

I scan through the names, and see if any of them are relevant to either already existing threads and/or Orioles past and current players.

Don't tell Roch. He said Erickson was one of the most unpleasant people he's ever been around.

Well everyone has different experiences with different people. I've never met Scotty but i did enjoy him when he pitched for us. A solid 2 behind Mussina and a nice sinker. One thing I remember though is Chris Hoiles hardly ever caught for him and Lenny Webster was Erickson's sort of personal catcher in a way that I think Eddie Perez was for Grad Maddux.

Don't tell Roch. He said Erickson was one of the most unpleasant people he's ever been around.

Well everyone has different experiences with different people. I've never met Scotty, but I did enjoy him when he pitched for us. He was a solid #2 behind Mussina, and had a nice sinker. One thing I remember though is that Chris Hoiles hardly ever caught for him, and Lenny Webster was Erickson's sort of personal catcher ...... in a way similar to that of what Eddie Perez was for Greg Maddux.

Yeah, I'll take 3 or 4 of those guys in our rotation, I don't care how mean they are to Roch.

Yeah, I'll take 3 or 4 of those guys in our rotation, I don't care how mean they are to Roch.

Yeah Mussina-Key-Erickson was a nice 1-2-3 punch. It's too bad that Jimmy couldn't stay healthy in 1998. I remember he went to Dr. Andrews and that was pretty much it for him. Never knew the whole story there. I mean I've been on the reporters side of things and some guys just don't like talking to the media and their teammates love them. Other guys the media adores and their teammates think are complete jackasses.

Archived