April 14th vs The Blue Jays

DREKTUNES

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whether or not he successfully stole the base is irrelevant to whether or not it was a good decision to try; and in this case I think it was a bad idea, thats all.

I see what you're saying, but respectfully disagree. I don't think you make a base stealing decision based on who you want to lead off the next inning. If anything it gives Luis a higher chance to succeed given that with a runner on second the pitcher may be a little more ruffled than with him on 1st. It didn't work out this time, but I prefer this way of thinking to the conservative base running mindset we've been accustomed to the past several years.

Well that sounds like long odds. Might as well just hope he gets that hit (or walk) and let BRob drive Jones in.

I just don't see the problem with Jones trying to advance himself into scoring position with the number 9 hitter up and two outs.

Well it would take a gail force wind to move one single hair. He's got a ton of it for his age.

Maybe I'm over analyzing Buck's hair because I'm already losing mine at 23.

If you have a nicely paying job in the media when you're his age, I'm sure you'll have as much hair as you want. :)

I agree with your points but I just don`t think that outweighs the risk of having Luis Hernandez have to lead off the seventh. I think the O`s have a better chance to score if its B-rob leading off, thats all.

So far, LH has the 4th-best OBP on the team, behind BRob, Nick and Luke... he's been on base more than 1 time out of 3...

Better than Huff, Mora, Ramon, AJ, Payton and.... Millar, the bum ;-)

I see what you're saying, but respectfully disagree. I don't think you make a base stealing decision based on who you want to lead off the next inning. If anything it gives Luis a higher chance to succeed given that with a runner on second the pitcher may be a little more ruffled than with him on 1st. It didn't work out this time, but I prefer this way of thinking to the conservative base running mindset we've been accustomed to the past several years.

At least if he would have been safe we could have complained about Luis Hernandez leaving a runner in scoring position. :D

Well it would take a gail force wind to move one single hair. He's got a ton of it for his age.

Maybe I'm over analyzing Buck's hair because I'm already losing mine at 23.

My hair is receding in the front, and it's starting to move towards the middle, like the two sides are going to connect, giving me one of those frontal islands. On top of that, it's thinning in the back. Whenever my brother, my cousin, and I get together, we always compare our baldness progression. I'm the youngest of us at 23, and mine is by far the worst. :(

Archived