April 14th vs The Blue Jays

DREKTUNES

Payton's acting like a ballplayer...

It's because I just posted a diatribe in another thread about how he shouldn't be brought in to replace Scott all the time.

However, I still don't like the idea of replacing Scott with Payton for defense on a regular basis. Scott's not that bad and Payton's not that good. Statistically, Scott's a lot better.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's because I just posted a diatribe in another thread about how he shouldn't be brought in to replace Scott all the time.

However, I still don't like the idea of replacing Scott with Payton for defense on a regular basis. Scott's not that bad and Payton's not that good. Statistically, Scott's a lot better.

You may not have to worry about that for a while. Payton looks to be in pain, I hope he's alright, just because I never want someone to get hurt.

Jones has stolen another base!!!! We are tied!!!!

Well I think it was defensive indifference...although I don't know why you'd let another runner get into scoring position with only 1 out.

Geez Payton out at the plate, can the catcher really come out and block the base path like that?

LUUUUUUUKE!

They should totally get a sound bite of Obi-wan saying, "Use the force, Luke" to play at the stadium.

One of my favorite scenes at a ballpark was at a Frederick Keys game when the opposing manager went to argue the call. As the argument is going on Tom Hanks comes on the screen and asks, "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying. There's no crying in baseball." The crowd just erupted with laughter.

Archived