April 14th vs The Blue Jays

DREKTUNES

Yeah but in that situation, why would they let another runner get into scoring position with 1 out.

Now 2nd hit given up by Sherrill this season, but a 2 run homer. 4-3 O's.

It wouldn't make sense for me to give away all my money and possessions but if I did the person that takes it all still wouldn't be stealing.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wouldn't make sense for me to give away all my money and possessions but if I did the person that takes it all still wouldn't be stealing.

You're taking "stealing" too literally IMO. It's not against the law to steal a base, it's just something you do on the field.

I think it's BS to have some sportswriter in the pressbox determine the meaning and significance of play on the field.

Dude, I get the rule...although I really don't know if your analogy works. But the scorekeeper should have some discretion in a situation like that. Jones was stealing to get into scoring position, it's not like the Jays were closing out a game with a big lead.

Archived