April 14th vs The Blue Jays

DREKTUNES

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the latest update?

GameDay is frozen with the first batter of the top of the 5th.

Sometime very soon MLB is going to stop raking in money hand over foot with their website. It is truly brutal this year in all aspects. I guess they just got cocky about how much money they were making and forgot to keep upgrading their capacity.

Why they took Albers out is beyond me.

Probably having come out of the pen so far this year up to this point they just want to be careful with his pitch count. He hasn't been throwing a lot of pitches since I believe mid-spring training.

We've been asking for one of our starters to go deep into a game and give the bullpen a rest.

Well Albers was doing just that, and instead of letting him work they pull him.

I guess they didn't want him to do to good because then they'd have to consider making him a starter.

We've been asking for one of our starters to go deep into a game and give the bullpen a rest.

I guess they didn't want him to do to good because then they'd have to consider making him a starter.

Nah, DT said he doesn't make arbitrary pitch-count decisions, he goes by whether they seem tired to him...

Plus, isn't 5 what they were hoping for?

OR they don't want to ruin his confidence after a nice start. Let him build off this, it's his first game and he pitched 5 innings with only 1 run.

Albers is part of our bullpen. 5 innings on 83 pitches is good enough for Albers. Dont forget that Johnson is usually a starter so he should go for 2-3 innings.

Nah, DT said he doesn't make arbitrary pitch-count decisions, he goes by whether they seem tired to him...

Plus, isn't 5 what they were hoping for?

For SP's they probably don't, however Albers is making a "spot-start". He did say he'd be more than pleased with 5 innings. That's what he got. He could have gotten more probably but I can't blame him for wanting to be a little careful due to Albers acclimation with the bullpen this year up to this point.

Maybe if he gets a next start they'll let him go a little further. ;)

Johnson looked much improved (I know it's only 1 inning.) Gotta love the ground balls tonight ladies & gents, this is fun to watch.

Oh, Luis! :002_ssad:

That was a rotten throw, but 90% of the time Millar scoops that one. (I'm not blaming Millar, just saying that's an error he usually saves the infielder from with his scooping ability).

Yeah, Millar should've had it... the bum ;-)

DP-ball saves LH from costing anything...

Archived