Maryland at Purdue.

O-The-Memories

Well, I guess I was wrong about it having to get better. We are down 14 already, looking like we are going to get blown out if we are gonna keep playing like this. What happened to this team? I thought we had a legit shot at the National Championship. Now I'm not so sure we get above a 6 seed. Would you honestly be surprised if we got knocked out in the first round? This has to go on Turgeon, what a terrible turn for this team in the last few weeks.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom, I guess I just was too optimistic earlier this year.

Stone can do some very, very impressive things at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is very talented offensively. He needs more time to learn how to rebound and defend quality big men. He plays much smaller than he is sometimes. I obviously overreacted to the 16 point defecit, but I still don't see us winning if we keep getting killed inside and on the glass.

Nice effort at the end. I just don't get the lack of rebounding, and Trimble falling off the map. He and Carter may be back next year at this rate. This sort of freefall makes me sick. Do you think we end up in the Top 15 at the end of the year? We lose to Indiana and I think we end up around 17 or so. That's a 15 spot drop in less than a month. Turgeon needs to take a lot of the blame. Stone and Carter haven't learned to rebound, or play defense at a high level. If Melo is hurt, sit him and play Brantley more. Make Layman the focus of the offense if needed. He's been our best overall player on both ends. An early NCAA exit thus year will be a punch in the gut. Next year will be another one where we will be struggling to make the tournament.

We're screwed because something is wrong with Trimble. It is that simple. He can't physically dominate guards on the drive anymore and he can't hit open shots outside. I don't know why. I am hoping he is just hurt.

Take it for what it's worth but Steve Davis on 105.7 claims he has spoken to several people around the program and been told there is nothing physical wrong with him, it is all mental.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The rebounding killed us again today, but 90% of it was Carter.

To be fair, our 6'10" center played 35 minutes and had 2 defensive rebounds. Combined with Dodd and Cheko, that's 42 minutes of basketball from guys 6'10" and over with 2 defensive rebounds, 6 total.

This is like the third game in a row where we've watched the other team rebound their own missed foul shots in late-game situations. It is unfathomable.

Archived