Trade Tejada Now

tywright

Problem with trading Tejada is that even the wealthy teams value their prospects a lot more than in years past. Plus, the Yankees and Sox, the teams that seem willing to win at all costs, are less likely to trade with us because we are in the same division. I just find it unlikely that we will get much for him. Santana and Aybar ain't looking so hot about now and that was the best non-Oswalt offer we got last year.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Tejada's power outage continues, it's going to be harder to get a good return, even if he continues to have a high OBP.

Speaking of Tejada's declining power numbers, anyone ever look at Roberts, Gibbons and Tejada's declining power and think back to the Grimsley affidavit?

I dont want to trade my Miguel!:(

If trading Tejada offered us the potential to improve, would you STILL not want to trade him? In other words, would you rather keep Miggy even if it meant we pass on a chance to improve?

I can't for the life of me understand this logic. Its all well and good to like your team, but this is a competitive sport, you must also want to win too.

I just noticed the other draw. Votto's from Canada. :rolleyes:

Does your xenophobia know no bounds? Every time the discussion turns to a player from another country, even if you're the only one who realizes it, you have to bring it up. As if it matters.

I guess the reason the O's are so terrible is all that wasted manpower that's scouting Canada for bums like Bedard and Loewen. :rolleyes:

Does your xenophobia know no bounds? Every time the discussion turns to a player from another country, even if you're the only one who realizes it, you have to bring it up. As if it matters.

I guess the reason the O's are so terrible is all that wasted manpower that's scouting Canada for bums like Bedard and Loewen. :rolleyes:

Now now, I'm sure he's quite in favor of us getting as many Dominican players as we possibly can....:D .

Please, a little bit more credit than that. ;) If they draft Aumont it will be a trend. Don't ya think?

Anybody hear Drew Forrester this morning?...he's in favor of dealing Tejada too. Though he did state we should go after Willis, even though Florida already has a start SS in Hanley Ramirez

There was talk about moving Ramirez to CF and that they could make a run for AROD.

No to Willis though.

Anybody hear Drew Forrester this morning?...he's in favor of dealing Tejada too. Though he did state we should go after Willis, even though Florida already has a start SS in Hanley Ramirez

If they trade Tejada for a starting pitcher who has 860 innings under his belt at 25 I'll scream. Willis is just about to the point where he gets really expensive, and the O's have staked their future on building a pitching staff with cheap, home-grown talent. This will go completely against the plan, eviscerate the offense, and if they plan on resigning him, make the team no less expensive.

If they trade Tejada for a starting pitcher who has 860 innings under his belt at 25 I'll scream. Willis is just about to the point where he gets really expensive, and the O's have staked their future on building a pitching staff with cheap, home-grown talent. This will go completely against the plan, eviscerate the offense, and if they plan on resigning him, make the team no less expensive.

I agree, this would be insanely stupid. If they deal him for a pitcher like Josh Johnson (not saying he's available because I doubt he is), that's one thing. But getting Willis is not maximizing Tejada's value. Heck, Willis will soon cost more than Tejada himself.

Archived