Trade Tejada Now

tywright

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm having a harder and harder time believing that the O's are ever going to see an offer you'd like, unless the Angels come through with a package of their youngsters.

For that to happen though, Stoneman would have to change course radically WRT hording his prospects, and several other options would have to be exhausted.

That's not true although the Angels are still the best team for us.

Outside of the Pie(and i even think he is overrated some), i don't seem much for the Cubs.

The WS have 2 guys i like but they are also far away fromt he majors.

That is the other issue. I want guys who are at least close to being major league read. Now, if one player in a good package of 3 players is further away, that's fine but i don't want a whole package consisting only of those types of players either.

He won't move to third...he's too stubborn. Also remember his salary is relatively cheap so Minnesota is not out of the question

I'll certainly listen to the argument that Tejada's salary is reasonable in today's market.

But it's still $13M a year. That's not a number that most teams' budget can absorb easily.

Tejada to the Cubs for Felix Pie, Ronny Cedeno, Sean Marshall, and Carlos Marmol.

No thanks.....

I think if we trade with the Cubs, it may have to be a 3 team deal, possibly with them trading Zambrano in the deal(not to us though).

Outside of the Pie(and i even think he is overrated some), i don't seem much for the Cubs.

That is the other issue. I want guys who are at least close to being major league read. Now, if one player in a good package of 3 players is further away, that's fine but i don't want a whole package consisting only of those types of players either.

Without turning this into a Cubs debate, I'll just say that the Cubs definitely have more legit pitching prospects in the upper minors and MLB than hitters.

That isn't such a good fit with the O's.

Tyler Colvin, OF, and Donald Veal, SP, are good, if not great, prospects. Also Ryan Theriot, who they have playing at SS, is a spark plug like BRob

No thanks.....

I think if we trade with the Cubs, it may have to be a 3 team deal, possibly with them trading Zambrano in the deal(not to us though).

It'd be pointless to trade Zambrano for Tejada.

The Twins have Bartlett....If the Twins do anything this year with their prospects, it will be to go get a Dontrelle Willis, Carlos Zambrano or whatever other top available starter there is out there.

They can't even resign Santana, I doubt they trade for Zambrano. They have Slowey, Garza, Baker, and Perkins ready to move in the rotation

It'd be pointless to trade Zambrano for Tejada.

As i said, Zambrano not coming to the Orioles.

Now, if you mean that they wouldn't trade Zambrano and acquire Tejada, i guess i could see that but Tejada is someone to help them for a few years.

Without turning this into a Cubs debate, I'll just say that the Cubs definitely have more legit pitching prospects in the upper minors and MLB than hitters.

That isn't such a good fit with the O's.

Yeah, I would prefer a three-player deal - two older position players and one younger pitcher.

Kotchman, Rodriguez and Adenhart would do it for me, although I think we'd have to send a player back to get Adenhart. Tejada would have to get hot and prove he can still play defense and hit for power before they'd give up that much.

As i said, Zambrano not coming to the Orioles.

Now, if you mean that they wouldn't trade Zambrano and acquire Tejada, i guess i could see that but Tejada is someone to help them for a few years.

Zambrano for Tejada would be pointless from the Cubs' perspective.

It doesn't make them better now, or later.

Yeah, I would prefer a three-player deal - two older position players and one younger pitcher.

Kotchman, Rodriguez and Adenhart would do it for me, although I think we'd have to send a player back to get Adenhart. Tejada would have to get hot and prove he can still play defense and hit for power before they'd give up that much.

Which Rodriguez? I'm assuming you mean Sean Rodriguez, SS

Tyler Colvin, OF, and Donald Veal, SP, are good, if not great, prospects. Also Ryan Theriot, who they have playing at SS, is a spark plug like BRob

Colvin is a prospect i like but his lack of plate discipline could be a problem down the road. He is also far away.

Veal has promise but bad command issues.

Theriot had a sub 700 OPS in the minors and will be 28 after the season...No thanks...We have Theriot...His name is Fahey.(Theriot probably slightly better)

Colvin is a prospect i like but his lack of plate discipline could be a problem down the road. He is also far away.

Veal has promise but bad command issues.

Theriot had a sub 700 OPS in the minors and will be 28 after the season...No thanks...We have Theriot...His name is Fahey.(Theriot probably slightly better)

I wouldn't say Theriot is similar to Fahey...more like an Eckstein and we know Fahey doesn't have that ability.

Archived