The uniform to top all uniforms.

DrungoHazewood

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, as long as it has "Baltimore" on the front, I'm down.

These are horrible! What happened in the 70's? Who ACTUALLY thought this was a good idea?

In a word, polyester. At least from what I have read. It got big in the 70s and it was easier/cheaper to make in bright colors. So for a while it was sort of a "look at what we can do now" statement. Then people went crazy. Then eventually they realized that the colors were hideous and polyester sucked, just like disco. ;)

The drugs may have also been an issue.

Hey, as long as it has "Baltimore" on the front, I'm down.

These are horrible! What happened in the 70's? Who ACTUALLY thought this was a good idea?

I don't know which is worse: the Big Lots discount bin trucker hats, or the "Hi, I'm Danny Heep, and I'll be your gym teacher for the 1983 school year" pants.

I'm going to have to assume that ":D" is standing in for ":rolleyes:" here. Otherwise, I may have to reassess my opinion of you! :D

Tell me these wouldn't be a competitive advantage! The O's would eventually get used to them, but there's no way an opponent could compose themselves enough to play baseball for the first 2-3 games of seeing these things. There'd be balks and wild pitches and stuff all over the place as the other team doubled over in fits of convulsive laughter.

The Padres mustard and brown uni's are vomit worthy... However, I think Toros win for just all-around bad. Especially with the diagonal lettering, it's like the 25-man roster are all vying for the title of "Mr. Tuscon Toro." Don't everyone bust out their Toro swimwear all at once!

Archived