Conine having mid-life crisis?

Gurgi

What is there to get? The guy doesn't play Baseball anymore and I'm sure he has enough money that he doesn't need to work at all anymore so he's looking for a challenge and found one. Best of luck to him in the race!

I agree. Conine is a very competitive guy (also played handball) and for him to do this, more power to him...

That's awesome. I've got a world of respect for anyone that ambitious and dedicated.

Not only are these endurance events physically and mentally grueling, but as Conine says in the article, the training can be flat out boring. It takes a ton of commitment to log all those miles day in and day out.

It was handball.

It was racquetball.

One idea would be to continue in baseball, but that isn't a certainty. When he was in college Conine was an economics major and was interested in the stock broker/money manager business. But he no longer sees that career in his future. He and his wife Cindy, who both are world-class racquetball players, are the parents of a six-year-old daughter and two sons, five and two. Regardless of what he does down the road, Conine's immediate concern is retur ning to the Orioles' lineup.

Link.

Archived