Bedard

i_miss_cal

Will somebody please take the "book" that says "your setup man gets the 8th, your closer gets the 9th every game" and rip it up in Perlozzo's face?

Taking Bedard out is ridiculous. While he may have walked 3 in the last 2 innings, the hitters still can't touch him. Mid 90's in pitch count? Is every single SP nowadays just a big Nancy?

God I'm mad.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God I'm mad.

I am a little annoyed too. We whine about how our bullpen is pitching too many innings, then we take out starters that (at least I think that) should have been given the opportunity to go a little further three games in a row. I can understand Guthrie getting the hook, but the other two I am not so sure of.

Will somebody please take the "book" that says "your setup man gets the 8th, your closer gets the 9th every game" and rip it up in Perlozzo's face?

Taking Bedard out is ridiculous. While he may have walked 3 in the last 2 innings, the hitters still can't touch him. Mid 90's in pitch count? Is every single SP nowadays just a big Nancy?

God I'm mad.

He fell behind more than he got ahead in the last two innings. If I send him back out there, I definitely have someone up.

He fell behind more than he got ahead in the last two innings. If I send him back out there, I definitely have someone up.

Precisely. If a man reaches first with 0 outs, you yank him. If anyone reaches second with less than two outs, you yank him as well. I'm fine with having someone up in that situation, but starting the inning when your SP is throwing a shutout, has a decently low pitch count, and is trying to get a win is just wrong.

I bet Erik is pissed off.

Precisely. If a man reaches first with 0 outs, you yank him. If anyone reaches second with less than two outs, you yank him as well. I'm fine with having someone up in that situation, but starting the inning when your SP is throwing a shutout, has a decently low pitch count, and is trying to get a win is just wrong.

I bet Erik is pissed off.

I bet Erik told Sammy he was tired and to take him out.

Yeah, I agree, he was done after 7. No walks through 5, 3 walks in the 6th and 7th. He was starting to struggle. He pitched a great game so why run him out there to lose? Sammy did the right thing.

Archived