April 23rd at Seattle

McNulty

He's made some really strong throws, he's just inconsistent. I think a lot of it has to do with his footwork being messed up as Trembley was saying the other day. Even on his bad days there are plenty of guys out there with weaker arms (like Fahey). Now accuracy is a slightly different story.

This is right on the money as far as I've observed. Hernandez doesn't have Tejada's arm, but it's still pretty strong. The problem is that his throws are very erratic. He's got good range and good hands but he doesn't seem to get set well on the throws which is probably due to his footwork.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the most part, no. He does a lot more wrong than he does right.

Oh, stop. He's goofed up too much, but it's silly to say he does more wrong than right.

As for the tag at 2nd, jeez people... Ichiro's foot hit his glove at the same time the ball got there. If the same thing happened to BRob, people would say Ichiro was cheating, or Ramon was throwing the ball wrong, or something ;-)

This is right on the money as far as I've observed. Hernandez doesn't have Tejada's arm, but it's still pretty strong. The problem is that his throws are very erratic. He's got good range and good hands but he doesn't seem to get set well on the throws which is probably due to his footwork.

He looks like a little leaguer who is pushing the ball instead of throwing it because he's scared to make a bad throw.

Yeah, and it's a new thing too... dunno why...

Oh, stop. He's goofed up too much, but it's silly to say he does more wrong than right.

As for the tag at 2nd, jeez people... Ichiro's foot hit his glove at the same time the ball got there. If the same thing happened to BRob, people would say Ichiro was cheating, or Ramon was throwing the ball wrong, or something ;-)

It did in a game two years ago when Johnny Damon stole second in the ninth inning. Damon admitted after the game that he had been tagged out and then kicked the ball out of the glove but Roberts was charged with an error, Damon was called safe and ended up scoring the winning run. You are correct that Ichiro's foot went directly into the glove. It's an unfortunate thing that happens to just about every infielder at some point. The result should be as it was this time, the runner gets credit for an SB because he actively did something to make himself safe. Except that in the case of Damon he had been initially called out because he was clearly tagged while Roberts still had control of the ball. That should have been one of those situations like when the infielder loses the ball while transferring it to his throwing hand. Damon was caught by a mile, he should've still been out. In Ichiro's case, it was so close I think the foot to the glove was completely legit, but not Luis' fault.

OK Dave, time to get tossed!

Archived