Maybe Ronny Cedeno wouldn't have been so bad...

Birds08

With all due respect to the mods, as I agree with 99.999% of your thread moves, but I do think this relates to the Orioles. He was a key cog in the proposed trade, and it would be interesting to see if people regret not making this trade in light of Cedeno's performance thus far.

With all due respect to the mods, as I agree with 99.999% of your thread moves, but I do think this relates to the Orioles. He was a key cog in the proposed trade, and it would be interesting to see if people regret not making this trade in light of Cedeno's performance thus far.

Erik Bedard and Miguel Tejada threads get moved here and they were actually important parts of the Orioles for many years. People can respond to your thread here if they want. Frankly though I don't think 29 at bats is much to get worked up about one way or the other. If he were 2-for-29 would you be starting a thread thanking God that we didn't trade for him?

Ronnie Cedeno has nothing to prove in AAA. He's in the show to stay.

I liked him as part of a BRob deal. I'd still like us to trade some arms so that he may take the place of Hernandez , Fahey and Bynum.

Who could get us Cedeno ? Garrett Olsen ? Penn ? Liz for sure.

I think Ronnie will develop into an All Star shortstop.

Jury's still out on Cedeno. Not only are the ABs inconclusive, but his BABIP has been all over the place.

The truth is that Cedeno has been a much different hitter ever since the Cubs' new coaching staff arrived prior to 2007, and brought with them a radically different hitting philosophy (thank goodness). You could really see the change in his approach right away that spring: much more patient, and a far better command of the strikezone.

That season the improvement obviously translated to AAA (956 OPS), but not to MLB (623 OPS). A big part of the explanation there is BABIP: .403 with Iowa, and .212 with CHC.

So far in '08, the BABIP has been through the roof, and naturally the OPS has followed.

Let's see what the OPS numbers look like when (if) the ABs are up in the several hundreds, and the BABIP is returns to normal. My guess is he'll settle into the low 800 range. That's terrific production from a league-min SS with plus defense.

Archived