Schoop locks in early pay-day for future earnings

VTech

7 hours ago, weams said:

Truly, there has been no time value of money since 2008. Only a gambler's winnings if risked in the stock market. 

2.5 percent compounded adds up. I am sure you could have gotten more than that for a quality corporate bond bought in 2008. If you invested in stocks after 2008 crash you would have had quite a great return.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

No, we don’t.   In fact, I believe there were some rumors and Duquette shot them down.    

And even if he turned down a deal, I have little doubt that his contract with Fantex gave him full discretion to decide what deal to take or not.     I can’t imagine an agent allowing his player to sign away his right to do that.     

Now that you mention it, I wonder if there are stipulations if he, say, gets a PED suspension or retires with money on the table.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, atomic said:

2.5 percent compounded adds up. I am sure you could have gotten more than that for a quality corporate bond bought in 2008. If you invested in stocks after 2008 crash you would have had quite a great return.

There has been no 2.5 over that period of time. None. Only with a gambler's incentive. Not as a locked in time cost. 

15 hours ago, atomic said:

Investing in stocks is gambling. There is no guarantee. Has nothing to to with time cost. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

Investing in stocks IS speculation. Many times it works well. 

That's not true.  I'd you buy without reading financial statements and just but whatever  the price.  Anyway you can n buy 10 year US treasury bonds.  Over a 10 year period you will get a significant return. 

3 hours ago, weams said:

Investing in stocks IS speculation. Many times it works well. 

It is gambling with the odds in your favor, if you know what you’re doing and diversify properly.    But yea, it’s gambling and you can lose if you invest poorly or are unlucky.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

It is gambling with the odds in your favor, if you know what you’re doing and diversify properly.    But yea, it’s gambling and you can lose if you invest poorly or are unlucky.   

It isn't gambling.  

Anyway this is like talking to the flat earth society. Of course there is a time cost to money.  That is how insurance companies make money by investing your premiums.

Goods are more expensive than they were 10 years ago.  If you are a business you have to pay interest when borrowing money. 

If you just putting your money in some national bank that is paying .01 percent interest you are losing 3 percent a year on your money.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Or if a major world event occurs. 

57 minutes ago, atomic said:

It isn't gambling.  

Anyway this is like talking to the flat earth society. Of course there is a time cost to money.  That is how insurance companies make money by investing your premiums.

Goods are more expensive than they were 10 years ago.  If you are a business you have to pay interest when borrowing money. 

If you just putting your money in some national bank that is paying .01 percent interest you are losing 3 percent a year on your money.

Insurance companies make money by paying fewer claims than they collect premiums.