Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

To each their own.

I think it is a very fair question to ask.

Kim getting effectively benched in ST was a pretty big story at the time and I think folks would like some insight into the thought process.

I wouldn't keep pressing him about it but the subject shouldn't be off limits.

I think Buck does need to be pressed on this particular issue. It seemed very narrow minded to bench Kim in Spring Training, and then to keep him buried on the bench after a strong start at the plate in limited appearances.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rickard has more speed, more range, more power than Kim. Those are things you can't teach. So, I agree with Bucks decision to give the kid a chance. I also agree that Kim has earned more time and said so two weeks ago, I worry Kim's path will follow what Rickard has done, but it's time to find out

Rickard has more speed, more range, more power than Kim. Those are things you can't teach. So, I agree with Bucks decision to give the kid a chance. I also agree that Kim has earned more time and said so two weeks ago, I worry Kim's path will follow what Rickard has done, but it's time to find out

I'd like to know how you have come to a conclusion concerning power.

Neither is going to hit for much power, but I don't see why Kim can't muster a ~.100 ISO. They aren't that far apart as it is now. Kim is more likely to get on base at a higher clip. I'm also not sold on Rickard's "range". Sure, he's faster, but his outfield instincts aren't very good.

I was gonna say the same thing. Rickard has 11 extra base hits in 178 PAs and Kim has 3 in 37 PAs. Kim's exit velocity is also higher.

Rickard has 20+ hr potential, given his age, he can grow into that. Kim may end up the better player but I think joeys ceiling is higher

So there is some evidence that power drops between the ages of 25 and 28?

You do know that Kim is all of three years older than Rickard right?

What I am saying is that by 28 you are pretty much developed. Joey has 3-4 years to develop his powee

Rickard has 20+ hr potential, given his age, he can grow into that. Kim may end up the better player but I think joeys ceiling is higher

This is the first time I've heard Rickard has 20 homer power. He looks like a poor man's Brett Gardner without the elite defensive abilities. Maybe an 8-10 homer guy at most.

Archived