Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

That we will. I'm excited that this guy is panning out.

He looked okay in the OF today.

Glad to be wrong so far but would like to see him against more lefties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still haven't really seen Kim's power IMO. As they say, it's the last thing to come. He really hit some balls hard today that he just missed. I thought the ball he hit to center was gone. He still looks a tad tentative when trying to hit for power sometimes IMO and isn't putting as good a swing on it as he could. His timing just isn't quite there yet for the power, but it's there and it's coming. :smile11:

We still haven't really seen Kim's power IMO. As they say, it's the last thing to come. He really hit some balls hard today that he just missed. I thought the ball he hit to center was gone. He still looks a tad tentative when trying to hit for power sometimes IMO and isn't putting as good a swing on it as he could. His timing just isn't quite there yet for the power, but it's there and it's coming. :smile11:

Hit a ball hard deep to dead center tonight, almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's played the last 14 of 16 as our everyday LF'er. He's only gone hitless in 3 games and only 2 games he hasn't reached base. He's a machine.

.327/.393/.455/.848 during that span. I'll happily take that for the rest of the season.

Something to remember Kim hasn't seen any of these pitchers he's facing now. I think the more he plays the better he will get.

Yeah that is pretty incredible. Having that good of an eye, looking that progressional at the plate against NOTHING but guys he's never seen before.

Very impressive stuff.

Kim has an impressive batting eye. That was certainly what he was signed for.

That said, his approach is the most impressive thing to me. Whereas most of the Orioles are swinging out of their shoes nearly every AB, Kim is perfectly willing to just take what the pitcher is giving him. He hits to allow fields and is calm/collected at the plate. He has the best approach than any of the O's, IMHO.

ORIOLE WALK RATES (through 6/8)

14.7 Chris Davis

12.5 Ryan Flaherty

11.1 Pedro Alvarez

10.2 Nolan Reimold

9.7 Manny Machado

9.2 Hyun Soo-Kim

8.3 Paul Janish

8.3 Francisco Pena

7.3 Joey Rickard

7.0 J.J. Hardy

7.0 Caleb Joseph

6.6 Adam Jones

6.5 Matt Wieters

6.5 Mark Trumbo

3.6 Jonathan Schoop

Kim is only part of the puzzle.. but team OBP is vastly improved. The team is 7th in the AL in walks... but more telling, they are 7th in batting average and 4th in OBP.

ORIOLE WALK RATES (through 6/8)

14.7 Chris Davis

12.5 Ryan Flaherty

11.1 Pedro Alvarez

10.2 Nolan Reimold

9.7 Manny Machado

9.2 Hyun Soo-Kim

8.3 Paul Janish

8.3 Francisco Pena

7.3 Joey Rickard

7.0 J.J. Hardy

7.0 Caleb Joseph

6.6 Adam Jones

6.5 Matt Wieters

6.5 Mark Trumbo

3.6 Jonathan Schoop

Kim is only part of the puzzle.. but team OBP is vastly improved. The team is 7th in the AL in walks... but more telling, they are 7th in batting average and 4th in OBP.

Mediocrity breeds overachievability :clap3:

Archived