Britton hurt

Fliqan

I was at the game and he was walking very awkwardly and looked very uncomfortable. I'm glad it doesn't appear to be too serious, though that injury arguably led to the loss.

I'd have to say the umpire blowing a clear strike three is the primary reason. If we had robo ump, Wieters standing up because of the steal wouldn't have mattered, a strike is a strike to robot ump.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I keep forgetting it's practically Winter over there- that field has been to hell and back this week. Hard to see all online, so glad that's all it is.

Given all that, I'd still like to see Zach starting again. :deadhorse:

Practically winter?

Lol spoken like a Californian. No, it's spring: warm some days, chilly on other days... lots of rain.

I guess i have to see another replay. Seemed very odd online, so thanks.

If you're running and take an awkward step it's easy to injure knee/ankle.

I just hope it really is an ankle sprain and not an achilles injury.

Who is called up if Britton is DL'd? I know we are already carrying an extra bullpen guy but I think you need another guy that can miss bats: Drake and Roe are the obvious choices. I'd like to see Drake get his shot. He has definitely earned it.

Who is called up if Britton is DL'd? I know we are already carrying an extra bullpen guy but I think you need another guy that can miss bats: Drake and Roe are the obvious choices. I'd like to see Drake get his shot. He has definitely earned it.

I don't think Buck is willing to give up Britton for 15 days. He is more likely to leave him on the 25 and hope he is ready to pitch within the week.

I don't think Buck is willing to give up Britton for 15 days. He is more likely to leave him on the 25 and hope he is ready to pitch within the week.

Definitely, especially with the dumb 8 man bullpen. If Schoop, Hardy, or Machado were to go down with a minor injury or illness that may force his hand.

Definitely, especially with the dumb 8 man bullpen. If Schoop, Hardy, or Machado were to go down with a minor injury or illness that may force his hand.

It really is limiting not having Flaherty to give Hardy or Schoop a night off against a tough right.

Who steps in today? DoD already has pitched two days in a row, and looked shaky last night. We need a laugher.

Bundy can handle it. So can Brach. But in the short term, Givens can, O'day can, Brach can and maybe even Bundy

Archived