PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

The letter of the law rather than the point of it? If the cough syrup can be.proven to be the source it's not a co over.

It could be on the list of drugs to avoid because it could do a thing - so there is now reasonable doubt that he was 100% juicing, but he still took an ill advised risk and needs to be punished. even if it was accidental so he is getting some deference there.

If he was able to convincingly demonstrate that the PED came from a cold medication in an amount that could not have effected his performance, why suspend him at all?

How could he prove that? Even if he could produce the tainted medication, that would not prove that he didn't take something else. I would be suspicious that players on that drug may get a bottle of that medication to keep in their cabinet in case they get caught. Why else take anything other than Tylenol?

Players are responsible for whatever they put in their bodies, period. MLB does not have to get in the business of proving where it came from or what the player intended. I am just surprised they reduced the suspension.

• Upvote 1

It could be on the list of drugs to avoid because it could do a thing - so there is now reasonable doubt that he was 100% juicing, but he still took an ill advised risk and needs to be punished. even if it was accidental so he is getting some deference there.
Why, if it was accidental and not performance enhancing? For PR purposes? What's ironic is there are still plenty of people taking state of the art PED's that cant be detected, so guys like Mondisi have to take the fall in order to make it look like the testing program is working a lot better than it actually is. It's BS IMO.

How could he prove that? Even if he could produce the tainted medication, that would not prove that he didn't take something else. I would be suspicious that players on that drug may get a bottle of that medication to keep in their cabinet in case they get caught. Why else take anything other than Tylenol?

Players are responsible for whatever they put in their bodies, period. MLB does not have to get in the business of proving where it came from or what the player intended. I am just surprised they reduced the suspension.

If he merely said it was the cough syrup, why would they believe him? I don't know how he convinced them, but apparently he did.

Why, if it was accidental and not performance enhancing? For PR purposes? What's ironic is there are still plenty of people taking state of the art PED's that cant be detected, so guys like Mondisi have to take the fall in order to make it look like the testing program is working a lot better than it actually is. It's BS IMO.

If your major premise is correct, Mondisi is not "taking the fall" for PR purposes, he's taking the fall because he isn't smart enough to take better PEDs. Since when is those who are tasked with enforcing rules obligated to stay on the sidelines until absolute certainty is guaranteed?

If your major premise is correct, Mondisi is not "taking the fall" for PR purposes, he's taking the fall because he isn't smart enough to take better PEDs. Since when is those who are tasked with enforcing rules obligated to stay on the sidelines until absolute certainty is guaranteed?
He's taking cough syrup, not enhancing his performance, and he's a kid from the DR where the drug regulations are lax. When you buy an over the counter product at Rite Aid do you always know what's in it?

He's taking cough syrup, not enhancing his performance, and he's a kid from the DR where the drug regulations are lax. When you buy an over the counter product at Rite Aid do you always know what's in it?

Kids from the DR named Mondesi have representation who can explain in detail what's in everything consumable he buys including what he feeds his cat. Junior got an $800,000 signing bonus, enough for a pharmaceutical consultation from time to time. Especially seeing how they're free at Rite Aid. The compliance burden is on Mondesi, not MLB.

Kids from the DR named Mondesi have representation who can explain in detail what's in everything consumable he buys including what he feeds his cat. Junior got an $800,000 signing bonus, enough for a pharmaceutical consultation from time to time. Especially seeing how they're free at Rite Aid. The compliance burden is on Mondesi, not MLB.

Right. He is not a kid who just fell off a boat.

You are talking through your hat. You know absolutely nothing about kids from the DR, no matter what their signing bonuses are. It's a very different culture.

PED use is such a science that the only players that get busted for a positive test probably actually didn't mean to. IDK about you guys but I'll never forgive Davis for missing the 2014 ALCS.
I will easily. The problem is with the MLB's hysteria over the appearance of PED abuse not the scientific reality of it.

You are talking through your hat. You know absolutely nothing about kids from the DR, no matter what their signing bonuses are. It's a very different culture.

Major League baseball isn't played in the Dominican Republic, it's played in the United States and Canada. DR culture has no bearing whatsoever on rules designed to prohibit PED use in the United States and Canada. What does DR culture have to do with anything? Are we supposed to have a different set of rules for "kids" from the DR? Including kid who are the offspring of former MLB All-Stars?